So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

I used to devote a disproportionate amount of thought and creativity to engineering situations in which it would be natural, or inevitable, for a German colleague to say ‘squirrel’. Or rather ‘skvirrel’. Unprofessional maybe, but it did amuse the children so…

5 Likes

We all of us get bored at christenings, dere, but that’s a little drastic, surely?

5 Likes

Thumbs will be held, fingers crossed (good trick if you can do both simultaneous like) and tenters hitched.

4 Likes

Tenters Hitched, Fishy

Amazing that significant other gets an invite

I’ll sharpen me elbows too

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Spring, innit? When a dunnock’s fancy lightly turns to thoughts of fornication.

Carinthia, if I get an invitation, it seems only fair that new-SO should too.

5 Likes

Well, if mine does, it seems only fair!

I am just grateful to Sudden Daughter for warning me.

4 Likes

Yerss

I’m being uncharitable, & I have a long memory

It will feel quite strange to have teeth again, Fishy, but that vague ‘unwell’ feeling should disappear

We will expect Gnasher Flashing later… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

[pourity] Extry Slammers forra Loyal Carinthia.

5 Likes

The Beano’s obviously changed since my day…

6 Likes

immoderate snorkage.

5 Likes

Am sitting here wiv me Tenters Hitched

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

It’s very tense, isn’t it?
Soo xx

4 Likes

Absolutely, Soo

I think that we need Summat Strong

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I’m willing to share wotevva you suggest, Chatelaine.

We are having glorious weather. Visited Ben Lawers National Park, today. It is stunningly beautiful. I have had to buy sun-block as I really couldn’t see the need, while at home.

Still sniggling at joe’s Gnasher flashing.

Soo xx

4 Likes

Progress report: my gnashers are fine, match the real ones, and are guaranteed for anything except toffee – he advised me not to eat toffee for at least a week.

In other news, I had a hair-cut on the way home. One wants to look one’s best, after all.

7 Likes

Slammers then, Fishy

I don’t eat toffees, & haven’t bitten into an apple for years, but it seems a small price to pay

UnHitches Tenters

Sighs Deeply

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Hurrah! This calls for celebratory Pitchers*.

How often do you eat toffee, on the whole? I don’t think I’ve eaten a toffee sweet for two decades at least. ShameporedeprivedGus.

*or, since That Chatelaine got in first, Slammers. Only I have to go out and do Needful Shopping, so I can’t yet. Boo.

4 Likes

I arsked him speshul about apples, and he said, “Don’t see a problem.”

5 Likes

Having lost more crowns than I can shake a stick at, I remain super careful !

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Well, if you will insist on irresponsibly shaking sticks, I can’t say I’m altogether surprised.

4 Likes