So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Oh No You’re Not, Twellsy

Swim in the Gin Lake, or just get Hissed innit

There is No Trapeze indoors in this Cellar

Disturbs us Equilibrium…

Tsweep Well, Dunnock

Ammabit unsettled this evening - have heard that the friend who organised the awning for me has had an heart attack, & surgery with 4 (!) Stents fitted

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Oh fuckaduck, dere. But they didn’t stint on the stents, at least. Wishing a swift recovery to them.

Am much beset by an Sabre-toothed Idiot and sorry to hear that you have largely been confined to barracks.

Hugs to Our Bee and safe convey, and success to the barbecue.
And confusion to our enemies.

Well I don’t see why not: I confuse my friends, after all
Gus xxx

5 Likes

A relief to see you, joe. I don’t trust they sourdough starters. Never turn your back on it or it will 'ave yer

6 Likes

And Buggrit wrong button

Blackberry and apple goes into the freezer

I also have apples Streep and dripping through a jelly bag for apple and clove jelly

And half a gallon of me made martyr ketchup

That is me

6 Likes

So really all that’s missing izza

yardarm

5 Likes

What a kind birdie

I am wasting good windfall cider apples by making jelly out of em

Am I likely to be thrown out of the cellar?

And me trapeze is outdoors - beside the gin lake

Snyff at the chatelaine

With a winky doodah…

Anna hug

6 Likes

Cider jelly? The possibilities seem, well, quite worrying really.

5 Likes

Spread on yer toast it helps cure a hangover…

6 Likes

T/O

I was woken this morning by people down the road who started using a road-drill at

eight in the morning on a Saturday

when they were working on someone's drive.

I told them earlier in the week that their filthy apparatus was making my entire house shake…

Luckily for them they don’t plan to do it again tomorrow.

Grrrrrrrr

5 Likes

Such people need percussive education about mannerly times to drill!

4 Likes

The worst of it was that I wasn’t even using the sourdough (that’s today’s experiment); this was just a normal loaf using the tinned yeast I bought a couple of weeks ago. I’m afraid I can only blame myself, though it was the starter that confused me; I’ve spent all week feeding it equal parts flour and - take note - cold water; I then completely forgot that actually making a loaf requires warm water. I was wondering why there was no sign of rising after an hour, then an hour and a half, then two…

4 Likes

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to you pal, Carinthia. I’ve been told by someone who had stents fitted that the improvement bordered on the miraculous, so let’s hope this works out as well.

4 Likes

Ah. Drattit. Pore joe.
Need to make bread myself at some stage and shall bear that in mind. Have been pondering some means of strapping the bowl of dough over a nice warm cat to prove, but some technical difficulties remain…

Do please report on the sourdough experiment as and when.

5 Likes

Use some buttered toast from the previous loaf to float the cat in place?

5 Likes

The important thing with a stent (or two or three or) is to believe them about taking a couple of weeks off doing anything much. Oh, and take the medication for a year no matter what.

I too wish for a full recovery for Carinthia’s friend.

4 Likes

D’oh! Of course. You izza Sparrer of resource and sagacity

5 Likes

I’m sure that he’ll be fine . It’s a Hellovvan wake-up call for him

He is supposed to be going to the Campsite next weekend & making 6 awnings secure for the winter. I hope that he summons some help, & directs proceedings from his declining chair

Hope that the barbecue is going well, & that the Fishly antibiotics are starting to work

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Gawd! Yes, from a deckchair is the place for him to do that job.

The barbecue is well under way and people seem happy to stand around in the rain; they are all mad, I tell you.

I think the antibiotics probably are taking hold, but I won’t really know until after tonight.

4 Likes

Aargh! In a twisted yet poetic expression of the feline sense of humour, the waterlogged idiot is now kneading me. Not only that, but preventing me from rising.

Oh, that ‘waterlogged’ was meant to be ‘sabretoothed’, by the way.
Balzac!

5 Likes

Don’t we adore our fluffy feline masters/mistresses Gus?

I am attempting to knit a leopard here…

5 Likes