So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Lovely, Twellsy. Yumski in fact. But you seem to have forgotten the boquerones en vinagre …

4 Likes

Yum!
Shame the Birthday Boy isn’t here to swoffle his party food.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I haven’t just forgotten them, Gus, I’ve never heard ovvem.
Soo xxx

3 Likes

We’ll all just have to pitch in, Soo.

4 Likes

I’ll take one or two for the team, Hedgers.

Anchovies! FGS.

Soo xx

4 Likes

Yes.

I’ve invited Hannah.

I reckon, if I play my cards right, I may have a chance.

5 Likes

[Pingity ][Grinnity] sorry.

An foundation of the tapas array, though. Almost as inescapable as the preceding olive and the slightly flabby tortilla

…writes the slightly flabby Gus.

Oh come on. I did get him liberated from the microwave earlier. Why are you all looking at me like that?

5 Likes

Watch yerself, Armers bach. Anchovy Queen of Rhyl three years running, she was

4 Likes

That’s one way of getting an uncontested run at the buffet…

5 Likes

I’ve just had a week in that Italy, some lovely foid was to be had. Though I did enjoy the reply to a British coupke who asked for the Tuscan Steak (a 1.2kg t-bone shown a view of a flame for 4 seconds) to bs well done. … “No !”.

They also asked for chips & for ketchup. I began to wonder if “No !” was the only English word he knew tbh.

This, in Pisa, was good though. 2 sea bream fillets, wrapped round 2 v large prawns & with potatoes in a saffron cream sauce.

6 Likes

While I am prepared to believe that was delicious, I am not convinced by the concept. Something that NEEDS PEELING inside another hot something with a sauce that gets one’s paws messy…
If anyone cares to send me for an in-depth fact-finding mission, though, you can expect a full risk assessment and report.
Must now go and attend to me curry. Very heimische, it is.
Confused? You should be [grinnity but no Ping, promise]

5 Likes

They gave me a finger bowl Gus.

5 Likes

Not a hot tub, dahlink?

Oh well, spot the Cellar’s messiest eater

5 Likes

Anchoas!
Anyhoo.
Have you had a good birthday, Armers? I have had a moderately unaggravating day. But for the fact that I looked at the wedding day forecast.
Tomorrow morning will be spent at the Kirk, then we intend to organise our beely luggage as well as we might. And relax. Any food parcels would be gratefully received, as I have reached the stage where fasting is looking good as an alternative to making any effort at all.
Good nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I did, Madame Bee. Thank you.

The quiz season began again & I cooked braised pork chops, so, after a week of eating out, eating in seemed a good option. We lost btw, but could only muster a team of 3 due to holidays and double booking.

I am getting to be in need of a Chinese however. It’s been a while.

My very very bestest of wishes as the big day marches forth.

… & Gus, maybe we should arrange an eat-off. I rarely complete a meal these days without some message of pottage down my shirt.

6 Likes

Sounds more like an eat-on really.

yardarm

5 Likes

Eat-on mess?

5 Likes

Might I comment about eating prawns?

I am from Ireland and live 15 minutes away from the Irish whale and dolphin society’s HQ

The balin whales eat a lot of prawns/krill

I like whales

The toothed whales and dolphins eat fish

I like whales and dolphins

Given my love of marine mammals of all shapes and sizes I do not eat prawns or fish

As for shellfish I once tried a herring gull on oysters thrown off a boat (they were useless bait for my father’s fishing)

If a gull spits it out it ain’t food is my opinion

That is my thinking on piscine alleged food

4 Likes

Well, that includes McDonald’s buns. I’m not saying you’re wrong…

5 Likes

Maccy D ain’t food either

The best nutrition in those emporia is in the cardboard boxes

5 Likes