So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Moi?

Incinerate summat?

No I was merely passing a comment

And I have 3 Bengals sharing our bed

If we are lucky we get an inch of bed each…

4 Likes

Whoops! I’d forgotten about the vertigo. Just as well I didn’t go for the Mendelssohn’s own title for that piece: Spinnerlied

4 Likes

[chortle] That had not occurred to me.

The Bum of the Flightybee - possibly apocryphal as an on-air blunder, but I like it

4 Likes

One of the Grauniad’s more inspired moments was a review of Doris Godunov

4 Likes

‘Careful with that gin, Eugene - bottle’s dead now’

Sorry.

4 Likes

Speaking of bee’s bums (no, not that Bee) you know that metal arm thingy with holes in it that you push open a casement window with, well I was at a friend’s house and a bee got itself caught in one of the holes. It couldn’t go forwards as its bum was too big and couldn’t seem to retreat either. Our friend spent a good fifteen minutes at great risk of being stung, first trying to push its head back through the hole to no avail and finally, deciding to risk all, gave it a might shove from behind and out it popped unharmed.

I thought it was a perfect illustration of what a kind nature he has.

5 Likes

Get a piece of wood, half an inch thick by eight inches wide by ten inches long. Put it across the cat-flap on the outside and screw the ends to the door. I am entirely serious; if you break your back again, it probably won’t be possible to stop them from keeping you in hospital.

5 Likes

Hiccity tseep?

5 Likes

Oh - nae gin

So that’s what the scream is about…

4 Likes

I’m not Christine, and I know when he’s cavorting. Barring the door seems drastic, and unkind.
Oh dear. He is a worry.

5 Likes

He has to get used to not having free access to your house at all times. When you are around you can let him in; when you are not, or when you would like to be asleep, he does not need to be in your house. He has a house of his own to go to at night.

5 Likes

It causes condensation?

5 Likes

I have a Dire Warning for cellarites: there is Fake Gin out there.

https://seedlipdrinks.com/

It looks (& costs) like real gin, but is utterly lacking in Booze.

Beware!

4 Likes

We aren’t being unkind, Dear Gus, just abit concerned . I have had to think really long & hard about the problems of being ill & on my own , & we don’t want you to be stuck either.

On an entirely different topic, GBBO is on the TV, - Vegan Week, which has been really interesting

Howsumevva

I have decided that I really don’t like the look of things wot are iced in Blue - they don’t look appetising to me

The colours/ theme of the wedding 2 weeks ago was a particular shade of Blue, which didn’t translate well to the Cupcakes or Wedding Cake

I may need an :cocktail: to wash the thoughts of that from my mind…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Curaçao?

(All right it’s a fake food colouring blue, but all the same.)

5 Likes

No thanks, Dunnock

Wasn’t there a Blue Bols ?

Searches memory

Drinks Vodka…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Something else entirely…

Sorry Dahlink. Misheard you there forra minute

5 Likes

Best get into they thermals pdq…

5 Likes