So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

There was a turf war between Thoracic and Oncology. He got admitted that time on Thoracic. I was shocked by how little concern for the patient rated in this consultant’s priorities. Or indeed respect for a relative’s questions. ‘He smoked, he’s going to die. What do you want me to say?’. I knew the prognosis. My questions were not about that.
Grrrr
Gus xxx

6 Likes

My ‘like’ is an acknowledgement of the extra pain inflicted upon you both. It’s no consolation, but had I been there alongside you, I’d have flayed the flesh off the bugga who caused you to remember him.
Soo xxxx

4 Likes

Proffers Pitchers

And Hugs

I have never had that sort of experience, & am very sorry for those who have

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I disagreed with medics as a nurse and a carer, Carinthia.
Not as often as I encountered them, thankfully.
Soo (otb) xx

4 Likes

I have ‘stood guard’ until the right thing was done, & disagreed with many opinions, as I was always better informed about the state of ‘my’ Patient

The people I had the most trouble with were the Social Workers who promised the moon

2 of them made me ill

Gin, Soo

Vodka fer me

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Thank you, Soo: I did the next best thing. Apart from our ‘confrontation’, I set Connie (McMillan nurse, Irish, tiny, terrifying and utterly brilliant) on him. Oh, and also one of the oncology doctors, lovely Greek woman who had taken a great shine to Himself, came visiting on a social basis (also for shortbread, it’s hungry work doctoring) and I had a word with her, too. Had him out of there in three days, which was a Result.

4 Likes

May I boldly go for a Mix so as not to appear partisan at all? Remembering lots of Stuff and it’s not good. Wah, poor bloody me. Cancel that, I’m the board dipso. Doesn’t mean I’m not Thirsty and Deserving and wholly un-Partisan, mind…
G xxx
No paseran: the mantra of any pedagogue at this time of year…

6 Likes

Hmph. :beers: :cocktail:

Fevvery hugs and I’m orf to me nest.

5 Likes

hoho, competition, eh, dere Spadger?

I am not proud - well, I am actually - that when a two-decades-plus younger than me, 6’5" male challenged me to a drinking contest, the other lads were varying on a theme of ‘No, mate, step away, this won’t go well for you. In fact, we don’t even want to be there, so badly will it go for you’, sort of thing. It didn’t come to it . It couldn’t. I was his 'line manager" and he was a foolish young man to whom I had a duty of care. Delightful, but foolish.

5 Likes

You may have a Mix of whatever you like, Dear Gus

Severial Hugs too

The remembering of Stuff is Bluddy awful

More Hugs

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Thank you, dear Chatelaine. It is, and I am getting frighteningly angry about it again. And stuff. So I might retire a bit else I do someone or myself a mischief.
Very much love and copious hugs to you, me dear.
Gus xxx
not that anyone has said wrong things, not that at all. Just that The Fury comes upon one - and conveniently so has Cat. Who needs sorting out, and that I can do

5 Likes

Morning all.

Outside Dunnock hoppiting about on the roof-tree.

Pleasantly grey day wiv sensible temperatures.

yardarm

4 Likes

Wet. Wet & grey & 100% cloud cover. Rained hard overnight & the garden is damp … which is good as the bin men have bin and I can start again emptying old decrepit pots and plant afresh.

I’ve done dozens but both green wheelie thingies were ram full. Now for the rest.

Mrs. Shanks doesn’t like to throw things away … surpisingly this includes weeds !! I’m serious. So pots with nice display plants in become overgrown. I finally persuaded her this is madness and I need to strike while the iron is hot.

I will “lose” a few of the, easily 500, empty plastic plant pots we’ve collected over the years while I’m at it. Apparently “they might come in useful !”.

So a nice day playing with dirt us planned.

5 Likes

Morning folk

4 Likes

We are, aren’t we. Shocking really.

4 Likes

Overheard chez Fishly-Dunnock this morning:

Him: You can’t wear a puke-brown jacket.

Her: That’s not puke-brown, it’s bronze.

Him: I’ve thrown up that colour.

Her: That is your problem.

6 Likes

Immoderate Snork !

Don’t do brown here

Puke or otherwise !

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

You were present when that jacket was purchased, you know.

5 Likes

I might have been

Snyff

It’s what it is going with which will elevate the status, I’m sure…

Think I got away with that …

Am having a very pale day here, & would look washed out in anything not a ‘proper’ dense colour , in fact, I may just settle for washed out…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I am in lurve with my new ironing board

It actually comes up to a comfy height for me to use

So one leopard print skirt is
Hemmed at 41 inches

This fits my height

5 Likes