So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

My ironing board could be used as a bed forra smallish crittur - it’s huge & plugs in at the board . The downstairs one is ‘normal’ sized

I was party to transporting an large ironing board from the shop to home, for & wivva friend

The vehicule was an Mini, which meant that I, as passenger, held said ironing board on ‘my’ side of the car, &resting on my head, for a distance of several miles

I haven’t been the same since… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

So we have the improved version of you dear?

5 Likes

That’s certainly an interesting variant on the ‘must have been dropped on her head as a baby’ theory :wink:

4 Likes

Unlike Kate, who was dropped on her babies as a Head

4 Likes

Quiet in here tonight, innit? You could hear an ironing board drop.

4 Likes

I am in That Cambridge.

5 Likes

I am making bread. It seems to be more than usually time-consuming, for some reason.

5 Likes

Authorised absence [ticks register]

5 Likes

Give it a good pummel, Fishy. It’s the only language it understands [ticks the now slightly floury register again]

4 Likes

No chance of ironing board droppage, round these parts, Gus. I have identified one-such, cleverly appliquéed to the airing cupboard door. I swerve it, several times inna day.

We have been granted the most glorious weather for our week in Killin and wildlife is just flinging itself in our path - including a Red Deer hind, who jumped right in front of our car and escaped a squishing, thanks to Mr Soo’s driving (and an early warning system supplied by me).

Soo xx

4 Likes

Eeek, Bee. Pleased for you both and pleasder still for the not-yet-venison-then hind. Well done Mr Soo and the early warning system of his bosom. Those antennae come in useful ;- )
Good weather is a good thing, too. Been cold here, unreasonably and unseasonably cold. And blowy. And blowit.
G xxx

4 Likes

Your weather is not being kind, Gus. Talking to people all over this place (as is my wont), they are completely in shock at the appearance of the Sun, but should move across to the chemist for some sun-screen for safety.

Soo xx

4 Likes

Must go to bed, as walkies are proposed for the morn.
Kindest dreams, all,
Soo xx

4 Likes

I am here after greedily soaking up raw vitamin D for my bone health and feeding my pet gannet who can eat masses of food and remain skinny

I have only to think of food and another stone arrives

5 Likes

Gin, Soo

Notta great day here- I have been up since 5 am, & have felt rubbish all day

'Normous Medicinals may be needed…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

That is a bit rubbish for you, Chatelaine, and I am sorry.
G xx

4 Likes

I’ll be ok, Gus, it’s just annoying

How are you today?

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Knee is functioning reasonably kneelily, thanks me dere, albeit still a bit puffy (insofar as one can actually tell, with my knees - there’s a reason I wear jeans). Other than that - bluddy cold! Stupid weather.
G xxx

5 Likes

Home safe and flummety nestwards.

5 Likes

sounds vaguely painful on first reading. ‘Me nestwards are flummety’. Or, as a colleague once plaintively remarked way back in the’ 80s: ‘Eww, me WYSIWYG’s gone all GUI’.
Well it had me on the floor, but then I do get rather incapacitated by laughter now and then. One of these days I shall defy medical science completely and swaller me tonsils.

5 Likes