So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Well paused, Young Sparrer

The Elbows are sharp today…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

More power to yer elbowz, Carinthia Dere.

That Poodle has been vetted (drops for yeastly ear infection) and bathed and blow-dried. She is looking (and smelling) good. The happy couple are in Mauritius. OH is presently at the kirk, using his long fluffy duster (oo-er) to dispose of spider webs. He has a vested interest in doing this job, as he particularly dislikes spiders dropping onto his head while he is trying to think peaceful thoughts. He’ll prolly take the vacuum round, too.

That’s about as exciting as it gets, round these here parts. Thank goodness.

Soo xx

6 Likes

I have shopped in between Orsepiddle & BiL & am having an rest before I set orff in an hour or so

Porky Pie & Dripping have been purchased

He’ll think it’s Christmas…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I brought back some Speck from our last German trip, then didn’t do anything about it.

It had got to its expiry date, so I fried it with some onions.

Yum. :cloud:×9

6 Likes

I ventured to the Chinese supermarket today.

The freezer’s a little more full now. :scream::scream:

5 Likes

Hmm. Leaving one’s missus in other people’s food storage units tends to be frowned upon. Not that one gets a free pass, exactly, for using one’s own…

I might, of course, have got entirely the wrong end of this particular chopstick

6 Likes

Behold a Poodle of Beauty and Refinement, currently residing with our very own Bee

5 Likes

It must be that time of year! I too have a slightly more full freezer as the result of having visited a Chinese supermarket this afternoon.

Gus, I admire anyone who manages to have both a dog on the premises and a clean pale carpet at the same time. Or indeed a clean pale carpet at all.

6 Likes

Clearly it was a very fast shutter speed to catch the carpet before it turned into a sea of muddy pawprints.

5 Likes

A serendipitous collision of dry weather and bathing, Hedgers. Isn’t she Lovely?
Soo xx

6 Likes

Not necessarily Gus.

She does, as you know, like to surprise !!

6 Likes

Anyhoo. That Poodle requires an Early Night (apparently, though she’ll have to get along with a Famous Five meet on Saturday), so I’ll bid thee all a goodun.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I am in agreement with the Fishy one about pale carpets

Give me a good stone or wood floor and a rug you can give a good beating every year or two

But the poodle looks so happy and my comments about carpets are a measure of my slatternliness

6 Likes

[yawnity] Tseep.

Slightly clearer skies today. I have a small event to organise tomorrow – well, most of the work has been done already. Just a few last things…

yardarm

5 Likes

I should point out that the sitting room carpet is a much deeper shade of terracotta than the photie suggests. Our other carpets are exactly the same colour that the local mud dries to, as it makes life easier.

It really is a lovely day. OH is busily sweeping and raking up leaves, while the trees continue to shower them down. Another couple of days would have done it, but Worker Bees will do as they see fit. The Poodle and I are enjoying a nice relax.

Soo xx

5 Likes

If the leaves are contained after being raked up then it’s that many fewer to deal with later; but my experience is that the wind blows and the leaves in a heap leave.

4 Likes

Yon Bull has a noo leaf blower

In its box

We have 64 mature deciduous trees

I spent ages weeding the terrace

Sigh…

5 Likes

Leaf blowers do not seem to me to solve the problem, just move it about (and make an 'orrible noise in the process).

Meanwhile, news of That Fish’s ancient rellies: search for “piranhamesodon pinnatomus”.

5 Likes

Four is the customary number, isn’t it?

5 Likes

Five is right out.

5 Likes