So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

I have spent a pleasant couple of hours getting Cake #2 fettled and into the oven. All ground almonds were very determinedly incorporated this time. I do enjoy the process; and ittiz mumblety years since I made Serious Fruitcake, as Himself wasn’t that bothered and we tended to spend Christmas chez my parent(s) - where the charming so&so would of course praise mother’s cake to the skies. All her cooking, in fact, leaving her with the impression he got by on short commons the rest of the time.
She usually referred to him, to me, as 'poor Peter ',which I feel was somewhat unjustified. On the catering front, anyway…

6 Likes

I can corroborate the fineness of the scarf. It would provoke envy in any right-thinking breast, or indeed beast.

5 Likes

Worse, my Mum used to refer to Mr Janie as ‘poor old Mr Janie’.

6 Likes

Mothers, eh, Janie… How did the sainted Mr J react to that?
Fond salutations to him and The Cat of the Household.

5 Likes

It was always said to me about him! I was obviously the cause of his being ‘poor old’. One memorable day she uttered the word ‘long-suffering’.

6 Likes

And thanks from Heidi. Who, by the way is ‘Marmey’? Can’t be PFO, surely. Oh, I would have said thanks from the lovely Mr Janie but he is visiting his bro in hospital.

6 Likes

Marmey belongs to my slightly scatty neighbouring friend. An - aged now - Naughty Tortie and a very sweet old girl. I have catsat her for years. Fat Tommy was originally this woman’s cat until he adopted us with considerable determination. I used to march across the road in my nightshirt to return the bugger, for months… We are still friends, which is testament to her forgiving nature.

Sorry to hear BiL is in dock; hope things go well for him.

6 Likes

Sounds lovely. Our Naughty Tortie was a total tart.

6 Likes

In our last house one of the cats refused to move

I bought the house from friends who bought a bigger house 50 yards away

So J would come into the bedroom at dawn and bite my feet to wake me and demand food

Then when we married my cat C who slept on the spare pillow on my bed would try to claw the bull out of his space

7 Likes

Yes, Dahlink, but what about the cat?

6 Likes

PS, Twellsy: how are things in the breathing region?

5 Likes

Blimey! As if the dolphins weren’t bad enough…

6 Likes

The 5 extra things added to my usual 40= pills and potions a day are telling the asthma to behave and the mega anti bionic is persuading the virus to booga orf

Thanks for asking Gus

6 Likes

I have Strong Personal Objections to people’s breaving being obstructed, Dahlink. Yours in particular. Virus, the door is -> thattaway. Feck off now, good lad.

6 Likes

Show any malevolent bacteria the exit, too. The anti-bees should see to that.

Our folk concert experience was, largely, good. The musicianship was astounding (fiddle and guitar) and the vocals were mostly pitch perfect. The material, however, was unremittingly gloomy. I long to write lyrics for them that would give them shades of both light and dark (DS would relish the opportunity) with present day relevance. Oh, well. The tiny village hall was welcoming and had a fab sound system - plus a bar, which is why I’ll bee buzzin’ off to bed, soon.

Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

5 Likes

Gin, Dere

Bound to 'elp

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Orf to me nest.

Gin for them as does.

4 Likes

Tsweep Well, Dunnock

Start me Noo Medication tomorrow

Hope me 'ead doesn’t fall orff…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

We do. It won’t.
But good luck and a following wind to the noo pills, Dahink.
Gxxx

5 Likes

Thank-you, Dere Gus

I have to work out when itizz Summat Serious

As you know, Dahlink, being poorly & on one’s Jack is no fun…

I must say that the Orsepiddle & GP care has been exemplary

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes