So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Bravo! for the convincing cake.

I am going to Portslade today to discuss Frankenstein, or, The New Prometheus with a group of friends. I have to say that the friends are a lot more of a draw than the book is; I found it dreary when I was twelve and had to read it at school along with Vathek and The Castle of Otranto, about both of which all I can remember is that there was a statue which for no discernible reason wept tears of blood. (That Bird says probably Otranto, “because he threw in everything in Otranto”, but I am not going to re-read it to find out.)

4 Likes

“It is done,” replied Manfred; “Frederic accepts Matilda’s hand, and is content to waive his claim, unless I have no male issue”—as he spoke those words three drops of blood fell from the nose of Alfonso’s statue. Manfred turned pale, and the Princess sank on her knees.

Which definitely calls forra

yardarm

5 Likes

Brilliant. I LOVE crab.

6 Likes

I have just spent 4 hours sorting out a Cossack style fur fabric hat wot I made

The stuffed bit round the lugs was too big so it needed tightening and the top attached and eased into the stuffed band

I am now sort of content with it

I will try to get a photie on our website to show off my efforts in millinery

Be kind please chatelaine

6 Likes

I hope that I’m always kind, Twellsy

Honest, helpful & kind

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

…in which case they can wave something else

5 Likes

It occurred to me at stupid o’clock today that ‘There’s a porpoise close behind me’ is a rather more worrying state of affairs than one had hitherto imagined.

5 Likes

Carinthia dear one that looks wrong now I look at my typing again

You are unfailingly kind generous helpful and honest

That’s why we love you

Well I do anyway

6 Likes

[blushity] [blushity]

That looks perilously close to Bullshit, doesn’t it ? :wink::joy:

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Nope.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say that, dear Bee: but I do know where interesting recipes (and strange ingredients) lurk.

5 Likes

Snork!

Hat being modelled by me is here

ttps://zenphoto.intricatewebs.com/3Wells/20181117_153358.jpg

5 Likes

Try this

https://zenphoto.intricatewebs.com/3Wells/20181117_153358.jpg

5 Likes

That looks nice Twellsy

What is the trimming ?

Looks sparkly

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Trimming is an oval rosette of deep red ribbonwith a rosette of old gold then a diamante piece in the middle

I am pleased with it and it is fully lined in a snow leopard print fabric

The band is slightly padded

I just hope we don’t get the weather for it!

6 Likes

The hat looks fab on you, Twellsy. Well done!

The Crab was utterly wonderful. Mr Bee izz zizzing on the sofa (still a bit feak ‘n’ weeble). I shan’t be making him turn out again, this evening, unless he absolutely insists.

Soo xx

6 Likes

You have reminded me that I have Crab in the freezer,Soo

I love it

A dank & grey day here

Restorative Summats required,methinks

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Seems a lot of trouble to go to, then, Twellsy.
Hope you get cold and crisp weather to parade it in for a short while, rather than blizzard conditions

5 Likes

I have a Loverly Scarf wot That Fish made for me. It’s now just about cold enough that I can bear to wear it…

4 Likes

Oh, that’s a pity, Soo. Hope he wakes up Restored so you can both enjoy the music.

5 Likes