So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Faint praise…
I’ll get my coat.
Soo xx

4 Likes

[yawnity]

Tired. Busy week coming up.

yardarm

4 Likes

Coo, it’s gorn all quiet.

TEA is on at the pub. Yum.

4 Likes

Am back Dears

If not quite in the land of the living, then at least with Internetty access

Flump

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Quick! Slammers!

5 Likes

[pourity] [pourity] [pourity]
[pourity] [pourity][pourity]
[pourity][pourity][pourity][pourity][pourity]

5 Likes

Grateful Thankity

Am still Flumping

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Cor! A few spectacular thunderclaps and now hailstones 5mm-7mm ish. I’ve come in from under the porch as it started throwing them at me sideways like and they stung a bit.

3 Likes

Cold but drying up here

I now have a posh gel to assist with pain control on my screwmatic knee and hip

Gawds help my poor quack

Not only has he me as a darned impatient but he also has to try and be my TD

3 Likes

As expected, promised thunderstorm missed us out.

Not enough thunder and lightning here for my taste.

(All right, that’s true of pretty much everywhere. But I’m not going to move to the Congo just for the lightning; too hot. Mebbe one of the more congenial bits of South America.)

4 Likes

I’ve seen similar thrown up after children’s parties.

4 Likes

Arrived in Corfu, an overnight stop before we continue on to Paxos. Our room’s small balcony has a lovely view & this morning overlooked a parade of celebration that Britain gave back control of the Ionian Islands to a newly liberated Greece in a largely peaceful way.

I forgot to bring my Union flag. What a shame.

They likes a uniform and a band does the Mediterranean.

6 Likes

Looks gorgeous Armers

My new toy is a joy!

A nelectric BBQ

So no more over warm cook - even in foul summery weather

Steak cooked rather nicely on it tonight

4 Likes

More sun. Might get some rain by the end of the week, if we’re lucky and they don’t cancel it again.

4 Likes

I won’t keep boring you but, suffice to say it was 72°, in proper numbers, at 7 30am.

I’ve not heard any TA for a week & probably won’t this week either. By reports this appears to be a good thing.

4 Likes

We can always supply you with the podcasts.

To prevent this tragedy from happening to YOU, merely send £50 in used fivers to…

Meanwhile, orf to be dented shortly.

yardarm

4 Likes

I am regretting catching up, Armers… :wink:

Sunny & breezy here

Ooh, a Yardarm

Thank God

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Bin dented. This is as bad as me beak feels all year, which seems fair enough.

4 Likes

Have read this properly now, Fishy, from the comfort of my own Waptop, azzitwere

Mr C’s CofE Church used to Baptise children during the morning service & it was always chaotic . They liked the Congregation to welcome the babies/children ‘en masse’

At my Church Baptisms were by appointment at 3-30pm onna Sunday afternoon, with only families/well-wishers present

Under the Noo regime,Baptisms are held once a month at 11am onna Saturday, apart from the lucky baby boy who was Baptised at the 11am High Mass on Easter Sunday .

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

It is strange, to me, that at a time at which it is less and less likely that a child will still be attending the same church by the time s/he comes to confirmation, what with the way everyone seems to move about the country now, the church is being more and more determined to tie his or her religious life to the place in which he was baptised. The whole congregation is not going to be involved in the child’s upbringing, so why drag them into it? is my feeling.

Not to mention that not everyone in any congregation is enamoured of babies (and still less of three- and four-year-olds crashing about the church throughout the service brandishing toys and shouting) and not everyone wants their service to have these added to it.

5 Likes