So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Pepperoni, black olives, and peppers, I think - there may have been more. Generously topped off with fresh mozzarella. Dough and sauce recipes from The Silver Spoon, which I believe is reasonably well known among Cellarites. (Very simple - if anyone wants details just yell.)

4 Likes

Very serious that. You wouldn’t believe how many books they throw at you…

4 Likes

Meanwhile, here is an only slightly antic skvirrel, doing skvirrelness, hot from the cameras of the holidaying hive:

What gets me is that he is sitting on his little squirrel bum with both hind feet off the ground.

5 Likes

I know!
I imagine that they must be able to rock forward into escape mode, Gus.

Good nights, Cellarites.

Soo xx

4 Likes

All the power and quick-twitchery must reside in the haunch region, I imagine. Whereas my arse goes numb soon as look at it. Which few do, for Reasons.

3 Likes

Good evening, Cellar Dwellers

No Internetty at BiL’s earlier, so am taking advantage now

We have been to Launays for Dinner, which was wonderful, & I am now drinking Shiraz, which is too…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

…much for you Dere?
Proffers hopeful glass, wivvan innocent face on (on the Gus, obviously, not the glass. That would be silly)
I am glad dinner was splendid. Huggage.
Gxxx

4 Likes

Night all.

5 Likes

If you drink pintage of Mallard
With your good friend J.G.
And the landlord who sold you Mild gets wild
When you leave with a Crash!, do you take out a Ballard?

5 Likes

Mere literary hygiene m’dear.

Hazy blue skies, decent flying wevver.

yardarm

5 Likes

Morning

Grey and cold here

Rain has not happened here YET!

It will and it will be generous amounts of water that fall

I am having a splash in the gin lake to cheer me up

The gorgeous wee squirrel has cheered me too

5 Likes

Rain has arrived

http://archive.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Moan drone splooodoooosh into gin lake to see if it can be drunk dry…

5 Likes

Oi! Put a cork in it!

Or indeed several.…

5 Likes

I have bin trying for some years to drain the beer flood in the pub at the end of the road, but it keeps coming back.

5 Likes

Swims over to help with beer flood

I like beer!

6 Likes

(From oglaf.com, which - be warned - is often Rude.)

5 Likes

Well, I couldn’t resist clicking…

Last day of our holiday. All has been good. Today we visited a garden/arboretum which boasts Scotland’s largest conifer amongst other stuff. Red squirrels abounded and I was told off by one for getting too close to the peanuts. A very pleasant couple stopped to chat - they were thrilled to have seen red squirrels. I told them that we still have such in Northumberland, to which the woman replied that they came from England where only greys live. Dearie me.

Soo xx

5 Likes

As you may have gathered, we are back from the christening and attendant jollification.

I have concluded, from the quality of the service on this, Pentecost, Sunday that Alan Franks may actually be better than at least some vicars in the Church of England. I do not expect the vicar, during a service, to invite the congregation to offer him things with which the Holy Spirit has been associated, and wait for members of that congregation to shout out suggestions such as “tongues of flame” and “rushing wind” and “dove” until he gets an answer onto which to hang a little homily he has prepared earlier. It strikes me as less than relevant to God or to worship…

We survived the party afterwards, and came home slowly by a non-motorway route, which was fun.

5 Likes

You know it’s going to be good when there’s gravel and mud down the middle of the road…

Yeah, all right, I’m an atheist and I still thought it was done badly. Have some dignity, man! This is supposed to be the Most Important Thing In The World; would it really hurt to act as if it were a bit more serious than dressing up in a frock on a Sunday morning?

(And the hymns chosen by the parents were good. Then there was the modern stuff.)

6 Likes

Funny how many of my friends are devout in their own faith

They have given up trying to convert me

I remain a believer in the power of tree hugging

And my friends accept that l respect their beliefs

In NI the god botherers are rife and stand on street corners telling all about their Damascene moment and how happy they are now

So happy that they have a battery operated loud speaker and a microphone to ensure they are heard

5 Likes