So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Stay safe, Hedgers. We need you.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Hurry home dear wee birdie

they are talking sustained breezes of 90kph with gusts of 130kph hitting us first

The sea area is violent storm 11 and we are a mere 2 miles from the sea

I worries about bees and sparrers aloft in such weather

5 Likes

Ah, but Twellsy, you will spread yer delicate batlike wings & de-fang it for the rest ovvus…

More seriously, I will be only just barely into the Zone o’ Doom. (And given what the Met. Office is forced to report as a Zone o’ Doom, what I expect is light rain.) I’ll load the winter bag into the car just in case, mind.

5 Likes

Twellsy, have you thought to offer it one of your bacon butties at all?
Although it’s a fine calculation as to whether that would mollify the brute or keep its strength up, I suppose.

5 Likes

You can’t be angry with a smoked bacon sandwich in your grasp.

Proven medical fact

6 Likes

Whaaaat

My bacon butties are for cellarati and odd privileged folk

Not for boisterous weather

6 Likes

In Cambridge, the “ice and snow" is just chilly rain. Off home, carefully.

5 Likes

In Rainworth (Mansfield) the rain is icy, having started as sleet & the wind is picking up

Take Care, Dunnock

We went to Aldi, & home via the Pub’ forran Late Lunch

Starters of sliced & breaded mushrooms with garlic mayo, & mains of liver, bacon, onions & mash

I sneezed enuff to wake the dead in the pub’

Sigh

This is week 5 of the Noo treatment & the pattern is exactly the same - Saturdays, all the symptoms of a heavy cold, Sunday night tablets, & then Monday feeling strange

Hey Ho

At least I know what to expect

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Home safe. Went a bit slowly, lots of rain and a bit of wind, but no sign of ice and certainly no snow.

5 Likes

Yay!
Soo xx

3 Likes

(More) food and drink have been consumed. The Kinder are having a good chat, while we tidy up and ‘busy’ ourselves. It izz really great to hear their voices in our home. Lots of kind people have been in touch, by various means.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Three-in-a-row. I’ll prolly be zapped by the bots, so if you don’t see me again, tell my family I love them etc.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

5 Likes

Gin, Dahlink

Don’t forget it

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I shan’t. Once Mrs DD is ensconced on the Morpeth to Edinburgh train, in the morn, I shall turn my attention to complete flumpage - azz will Mr Bee. The narsty carvery meal won’t be happening, on Monday. That would be a step too far for Mr Bee (and me, though it’s not my call). I have important cards to write and presents to wrap.

Soo xx

5 Likes
5 Likes

I too am 'ome safe, through neither wind nor rain so there.

5 Likes

I intend no bad weather interfacing, tomorrow.
Must sleep.
Soo zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5 Likes

Sorry Fishy

You snuck out without me noticing

Blowing an Hoolie here, & Hissing it down

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

It was raining when That Fish set forth, so the visibility wasn’t great at the time…

Keep warm and hydrated. Well, lubricatrd, at least. Pitchers must be available at all times.
Gxxx

6 Likes

I regret that I have only one like to give to this post.

Also,

yardarm

Today: Christmas Lunch at the pub.

6 Likes