So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

How wonderful, Fishy

Smiles &Waves Loudly at the American Guest

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

75° in real numbers, at 9am.

Pretty good tbh.

Mrs. Shanks is today upgrading (to be honest it’d be difficult to downgrade) her mobile. She has, surprisingly, decided to get a properly ostentatious piece of kit having had a Nokia using Windows for 6 years. Famine to feast.

Talking of feasts I have left over new potatoes so a bacon, pots, chorizo-ie thingie may be in order.

I have pork sosgies too.

… and nice fresh tin loaves. So, if anybody is interested …

5 Likes

:fire: + :hamburger: + :beers: day. Looks like decent wevver for it; too hot, if anything.

Let’s see, what’s first on the list…?

yardarm

5 Likes

‘One man’s vermin is another’s prize gerbil’

The woman on R3 just said that. At least I think she did.

4 Likes

One bird’s “criminal mastermind” is another bird’s well-respected local businesssparrer.

5 Likes

I have just had a lovely surprise

My friend is taking me on a jaunt to a spinning show

We both have the notion of adding to our stashes of wool for knitting

And I bought wool yesterday!

If only I had waited…

Ach well I do have some pennies left from the housekeeping money…

5 Likes

I would think that lighting the charcoal & drinking Beer forran hour until the cooking can start is the Batting Order, Dunnock

You don’t want to get sun/heatstroke

I do hope that it goes well

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Wot that Chatelaine says.

G xx

5 Likes

A lovely day for a BBQ. We’re going out for lunch, but will stop off for suitable makings on our way home and have one, tomorrow. Mr Soo has just whizzed around the lawns with his new battery-powered mower. He is very happy with it and wonders why he hadn’t replaced the old beast-ovva-machine years ago. Like wot I suggested, years ago.
Soo xx

5 Likes

This end of the garden was scythed yesterday.

5 Likes

So we have Bacon, Noo Potatoes, Sossinges & Bread to be going on with whilst we wait fer the Goatburgers

Chocolate Chip Cookies too,if the tin hasn’t been broached …

An veritable Feast

Proffers Pitchers

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Is there grated lemming? A surprising (to me anyway) but highly effective burger ingredient.

4 Likes

I used to make Porkburgers wiv parsley,thyme & grated lemming, Joe

I had almost forgotten

We are probably abit dehydrated…

Proffers Pitchers

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

A goodly pinch of two of mustard powder works well with the above mix, as does using a little sage rather than a lot of parsley. Parsley for summer, sage for winter?

4 Likes

Yes, I do use mustard powder in all sorts of things

Rather got out of the habit of making burgers with the advent of high quality ranges , but I may start again, in a small way. I always made them when The Darlings were at home, because I wanted to know what was in the food we were eating

I have eaten at a MacDonalds twice in my life, when nowhere else was open, & once at a Burger King, in Germany

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

And for chicken burgers: parsley, lemming zest, minced shallot and dollops of Dijon.

Right. A Rant.

The chair in the bedroom is where I sit to sew, back to the window.
Yesterday Mrs B. Cat, who normally favours the back of that chair as an observation post to keep an eye on goings-on in the street, decided she wanted to sunbathe on the seat instead. When I relocated her to the back, she did Peevish Squeaking and left in a snit, returning shortly thereafter to leap past my face to her accustomed place and then belabour me round the head with her tail. In the end, I retreated. She has quite a strong, albeit truncated, tail.
Well, today she laid claim to the seat before I even got started, so I moved the frame and sat on the bed to sew. The looks of catly triumph I could just about tolerate. That she waited for me to be thoroughly absorbed in counting before ‘hunting’ a holder of thread out of the drawer where I had put it for safe keeping to stop her batting it onto the floor (but idiotically failed to shut) and returning to the chair to gnaw it triumphantly at me: not so tolerable. She is an Imp of Stan and quite disgustingly pleased with herself.
Gah!

7 Likes

Don’t you adore cats?

I am hammocking after a trip to see spinners at work
I fancied some wool but I thought 35 Euro for 100grams was A lot

So I have no fans wool

5 Likes

If itizz hand spun, Twellsy, then it will be a price

People sew & knit these days to make things which are unusual, unique & of superior quality

A lot of todays stuff can’t be handed down/on as it is too shoddy

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Not today I don’t, no. She has multiple mice and Jeremy Ferret and Squeaky Rat and hordes of balls to play with and still annexes my useful toys. Wibble.

It is. But Carinthia is right. And I bet it was gorgeous stuff.

5 Likes

It was

She grows and peels her sheep then hand dyes the wool with natural dye

Then she spins it

I will happily pay for the work involved but not when I have only 50 euro to last till next week

5 Likes