So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Joe

What’s the mission today?

I would hope for escape but I know quacks like to hang on to you until they have played with all sorts of toys attached inserted or surrounding the hapless impatient

6 Likes

Sorry, best I can do you is

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CafePress-Hildegarde-Png-Novelty-Comfortable-Sleepwear/dp/B00R4TOZHY/

The ol’ brass bra seems to be out of fashion these days.

Restful thoughts to sleepless cellarites. I slept like a medium-sized rock.

yardarm

6 Likes

Bacon butties on the table

Today’s Joe parcel is me made rolls with a roast mushroom and bacon filling

With a nice Remy VSOP

Yes yes sparrer there is extra for you and a flask of good winter veg soup for a chatelaine and a bottle of the good blackberry vodka for her

So stop peckity - ing my ankles!

5 Likes

(innocent-ish tseep)

It’s a hard life, despised by all, flying me appointed route come rain come cloud (not shine, this is England)…

[beaky grin]

5 Likes

To avoid a charge of ABH on a consultant, probably.

“Have we checked you for [insert list]?”

I’ve been stuck in here for over a week, they’ve been measuring ever bit of fluid that’s come out of me (I’m sure you know what that entailed), tested my blood (when they eventually manage to find a vein) on a daily(ish) basis, discussed my bowel activity in the sort of way that makes conversations with couples who have a newborn so difficult and sent me for CT and x-ray. Today I’m supposed to be going fora Doppler scan.

And all this time they don’t know what feckin’ tests they’ve done??

6 Likes

“a Doppler scan”

Does that test how fast your going by assessing sound increase/decrease ?

If they tell you to keep still while they’re doing it you should say “pshaw !!” and demand to see their qualification cerstifficates.

7 Likes

Dear wee birdie

You know I am very fond of you and will always ensure you are looked after

So I have added some poitin to your rucksack

Joe I said they would want to play with ALL their fancy toys!

6 Likes

I think it’s a measure of mental competence. The pitch of the swearing drops in proportion to how rapidly one is receding in the direction of a hospital where they know what the fuck they’re doing.

6 Likes

Joe

It’s more a posh sonar jobbie

Why they spend all that money on machines when there are loadsa dolphins that are quite good at sonar around beats me!

I am now pondering what a waiting room on the Shannon estuary would look like

And how to place impatient in the water to let the resident pod have a look/listen of you

I do have dolphins as neighbours you know

6 Likes

I interviewed someone called Paul Dolphin for a job once. I can’t recall any of his work related abilities but do recall that, during the interview, I ascertained he couldn’t swim & didn’t really like fish.

I rejected him as being a fraud.

6 Likes

The dolphins are sod all use at diagnostics, but pretty much 100% accurate in post mortem examinations where cause of death is established as “drowning”.

Actually, they could be working here…

5 Likes

Well my neighbouring dolphins are grey aquatic and smile all the time even in midwinter storms

There is a breeding pod of dolphins in Shannon estuary

I love seeing them play

Bet they would sort out doppler and his test with just a glance at our Joe

6 Likes

Last time I was tested by Doppler it was this:

5 Likes

We had a Plumber called David Dolphin…

I saw both of Mr C’s thromboses on the Doppler . The ancient machine in Chesterfield was actually considered superior to the supposedly Soopa Doopah one in Sheffield

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Not to mention Glom of Nit.

4 Likes

Can anyone recommend me a decent panel beater, then? This animal plants his hairy great forepaws in one’s mammalian characteristics to purr in one’s face and it bluddy well hurts and he simply doesn’t understand.
And no, Fishy, he doesn’t want, need or deserve flying lessons.

4 Likes

After all, it is a job for life. …

I am thoroughly enjoying the boozy fruits Mr Bee provided for the festive season. Mandarins and cranberries in vodka - yum. There are also (untouched, as yet) cherries in gin. As we are obliged to go shopping (the Family have left us pretty short of most stuff) I may pop into Iceland and buy some frozen coconut yoghurt to compliment the fruit. New Year’s Eve will be spent with friends. Apparently, there are to be ‘games’…

joe - I am massively impressed by the Doppler Fantaisie. Courage mon brave! <That’s for the rest ovvit.

Very gentle hugs forra poorly Carinthia.

You are far too soft on (and for) That Cat, Gus.

Soo xx

5 Likes

There really are some very good games about these days. Even if you restrict yourself to “party games” (which generally just means fairly simple rules, and suitable for a large group).

Which means there is even less excuse than ever to trot out Blasted Monopoly.

5 Likes

Cats know who will treat them like the god and goddesses they are

And pounce upon such hapless fools as are available to be acolytes

Just think of the honour of worshiping such magnificence

4 Likes

Magnificence, you say?

I rest my case.

Hedgers - I dread the whole party games thang, not least because some ovvus are very competitive.

Shopping - yay!
Soo xx

5 Likes