So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

I think I encountered his brother, Ian. An oddly satisfying experience.

5 Likes

Magnificence indeed. Y’know, I’ve been racking my brain since first seeing yon Poodle - kept thinking she reminded of someone. It’s finally clicked; early eighties BBC adaptations of Sayers - Harriet Walter as Harriet Vane:
imagehttps://i.pinimg.com/236x/26/3c/64/263c64f75c7f63979543e501d0c9ef62--vane-dreads.jpg

7 Likes

Immoderate snorkage, joe

5 Likes

Poodle is pretty gorgeous

But I am bewitched by blue feline eyes

6 Likes

I have no interest in sport, chart radio, TV soaps, action movies or other shouty “entertainment”.

I appreciate that others may find such things fascinating, but FFS - have they never heard of headphones?

6 Likes

Be glad you don’t have to work in an open-plan office…

5 Likes

Joe that is torture

As if folk can ever get well with incessant racket

5 Likes

Nick a syringe and inject bleach into their drips, dere.
I would

4 Likes

Be glad you don’t have to work in an open-plan office…

That’s a matter of definition…

5 Likes

Latest unexpected news:

The two wonderful gnurses who look after me most days managed to persuade the insultant and registrar actually to turn up and get their hands dirty.

The upshot is that for the first time since IIRC Wednesday I can actually move my right leg, it no longer being mummified. Still confined to bed, as I have to keep it elevated; what’s needed, of course, is a proper gas-lift bed - on this all agree. Apparently the non-availability of same is down to a bit of interdepartmental politics. So, a couple of pillows it is…

6 Likes

Have you actually been told what is really wrong with you?

5 Likes

This.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Probably not! Cellulitis was the main problem, but that’s a symptom rather than a condition. The issues with renal function are most likely to be a side effect of the antibiotics, and so on…

When the insultant finally condescended to take a look at what was going on under the dressing, he ordered some swabs to be taken. Can’t help feeling this is a week late; like the extra blood tests tomorrow, why wasn’t this all looked at on admission?

5 Likes

Registrar just popped his head in (I must have them worried!) to tell me they’re changing the antibiotics again. Will keep you posted…

6 Likes

Though had you been able to catch LBC young Armiitage #2 was asked to run a 3hr show he expected merely to be speaking on, following the planned presenter’s sudden unavailability.

5 Likes

I’m not sure that is right. It’s an infection, which is a condition, with swelling, redness, pain as symptoms. Or so I would have said.

Whst I am sure about is that that damned hospital of yours needs to pull finger. Sigh. I somehow imagined it would be better organised in Ireland.

We should set Soo on them. And Sister Thom, the most terrifying nurse I have ever encountered. That’d sort them out.

5 Likes

Will try and catch it! Has a certain Sparrer’s bruvver decided to give his career a “nudge”, perchance?

5 Likes

I know nuffink about such fings and I am told salmon sandwiches can be very prone to nasty bacteria.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, a lot of behind-the-scenes horse-trading (possibly assisted by my quietly letting slip that I was aware of the
Interdepartmental wrangling - not the sort of thing the HSE would want to get out) has produced a nice modern gas-lift bed for me. I might actually get a decent night’s sleep.

So in case I’m not (or rather, am even less than usually) compos mentis later on:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

8 Likes

No. He does paper reviews with Julia Hartley-Brewer, also things on Talk Radio. 3 times on Sunday on Sky TV News. Plus LBC here & there.

Got a full page in the Spectator a few weeks ago.

It’s fair to say he’s very pleased with himself lately. I do warn him against it.

7 Likes