So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

I have no idea what they might be, Fishers. Mr Bee is something ovvan orange officionado and declares such outrages to be sweet and unpalatable.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Gawds - that sounds as though we shared the same slice over many trips. We weren’t quite so poor.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I’ll admit I haven’t tried them; I thought that mandarins were sweeter and had less of the bitter white pulp in them than other varieties of a similar sort, so it seemed possible.

5 Likes

It certainly seems possible, Chris. The reduction of bitter white pulp would certainly make them easier to prepare for boozy fruits. However, Himself has declared his opinion.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte is always a serious business, dere.

5 Likes

Hurrah!

5 Likes

Some vodkas will dissolve pretty much anything. See Exhibit A:

Exactly. It was once a gallstone.

They tend to start, though, with One’s Inhibitions. That can’t just be me, surely…

5 Likes

Maybe they ‘forced’ them for Christmas. Mandarins & Clementines were £2 for 24, in a little balsa wood box, in Morrison’s in December.

6 Likes

I shan’t tell him, Armers. We don’t ‘do’ Morrisons. Just everywhere else. Maybe, next Christmas?

Soo xx

5 Likes

I assume they were everywhere Soo.

6 Likes

I think it’s The Casserole that is, in a very real sense, omnipresent. Not mandarins.

5 Likes

Whispers

They were in our little Tesco too…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Mandarins? Say it ain’t so, Carinthia. Not oop here, they weren’t. Flip.

Kindest wishes to you, joe and all who need reparative sleep.

Soo (otb) zzzzzz

5 Likes

Do you have feelings of inadequacy?

Do you suffer from shyness?

Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist about Tequila.

Tequila is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident about yourself and your actions. Tequila can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world that you’re ready and willing to do just about anything. You will notice the benefits of Tequila almost immediately, and with a regimen of regular doses you can overcome any obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want to live.

Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past, and you will discover many talents you never knew you had. Stop hiding and start living, with Tequila.

Tequila may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use Tequila. However, women who wouldn’t mind nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it. Side effects may include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration, increased sexual desire, increased plasticity of sexual orientation, loss of motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, loss of virginity, delusions of grandeur, table dancing, headache, dehydration, dry mouth, and a desire to sing karaoke and play all-night rounds of Strip Poker, Truth Or Dare, and Naked Twister.

Tequila. Leave Shyness Behind.™

(not original to me, dunno who wrote it)

4 Likes

I have indeed experienced some of those side-effects. The fun ones, mainly.
Though I suppose much depends on the interpretation of ‘table dancing’.

A killer hangover can be ameliorated by the direct application of tequila to the nasal mucous membrane. On a finger - tipping the bottle up yer schnozz is just asking for trouble.

5 Likes

blame Soo for this: she liked the other one

5 Likes

(yawnity) tseep.

[lights pipe]

yardarm

5 Likes

Morning ye lot

Bacon butties ready and on the table

Joe’s hamper contains

Nice fresh me made wholemeal rolls stuffed with bacon and sausages (black pudden and apple pork sausages) a box of scones and a few proper old fashioned sticky buns

A bottle of Ha’penny gin is tucked in as well

Delivery sparrer gets the same to keep it well fuelled

There may be more gin in the en sweet

AFTER the delivery flight

6 Likes

From another MB:
“My cat is useless. Scared of woodlice and vomits on my bed”

Count yer blessings, dahlinks.

5 Likes

I do, Gus, I do.

5 Likes