So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Some people (naming no bird in particular) like vodka into which Fisherman’s Friends have been dissolved…

5 Likes

{{{{{Unworthy preen}}}}}

Wottevva helps, Carinthia. Avvanug, too.

I am preparing Anglesey eggs with roasted kale.

Soo xx

5 Likes

It’s called The Tipsy Tart too, Soo…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I bet you could dissolve Parma Violets in vodka…

4 Likes

I used to love parma violets

Can you still get them?

6 Likes

Parma violets are obtainable, Twellsy. I adore most scented confectionery Mr Bee bought me rose Turkish Delight, for Christmas - I haven’t yet sampled it, azz I’m w#rking my way through the pistachio sort. Yum!

Tipsy Tart, eh, Carinthia?
Happy memories,
Soo xx

5 Likes

Mrs. A is, surprisingly, a Tipsy Tart aficionado. She has Rose Petal gin of theirs which, she tells me, tastes like Turkish Delight.

When I suggest she just buys Turkish Delight & dips it in Gin she gets tetchy. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

{{Sigh}}

7 Likes

Imagine that, Armers :wink:
Rose Petal gin sounds fab. I’d like to sample it alongside my Rose Turkish Delight.
I feel a Turkish meal coming on. DS will be joining us for lunch, on Tuesday and always just goes with the parental flow…
Soo xx

6 Likes

I had a Sudden Daughter to lunch today. Which was pleasant.

7 Likes

Always Good, Fishers.
Soo xx

5 Likes

It appears they now do Rose Vodka, no longer Rose Gin.

Nonetheless

http://www.thetipsytart.co.uk/vodkashop

6 Likes

This is one of those drinks it might be worth making, if one had an old-fashioned scented rose-bush.

£18 for 200ml is fairly pricey.

4 Likes

I return my learned friend to the proposal to dip Turkish delight into basic vodka !

(Actually I think its a liqueur vodka)

5 Likes

Itizz, Armers, but not syrupy sweet, which is why I like it - & for the memories of Parma Violets of course

It can be ‘fortified’ with Ornery Vodka, or, as I say, added to Fizz

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I’m not struck on vodka, tbh (on account of very historical alcohol poisoning) but Mr Bee gave me these boozy fruits for Christmas:

and they were reet grand. Also, cherries with gin:

Quite a lot of syrup involved, but they have proved Very Nice.
Not azz nice as the mandarins in Cointreau, that DD made for me a few years ago. She can’t, we can’t, source mandarins anywhere.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I thought that all tangerines were mandarin oranges, but mandarin oranges are not all tangerines. If you see what I mean.

5 Likes

I do. And we haven’t seen tangerines for yonks, either.
Soo xx

5 Likes

That’s the sort of thing that leads to thoughts of serious Black Forest gateau…

5 Likes

Those cherries in gin are a serious dessert ingredient, joe.
I have fond memories of sharing a slice of BFG with a college friend on infrequent trips to a coffee shop in Carmarthen…
Soo xx

5 Likes

Is it possible that the “easy peeler” small sweet satsumas for children, for sale in Lidl, might actually be mandarins? I haven’t investigated them very thoroughly.

5 Likes