So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Joe

Have you been so bluddy bored that you have given your wee friends names as they work?

I would be

How are you apart from bored senseless?

5 Likes

That about covers it!

The passengers only arrived today, after another bout of surgical debridement. Think there are rather too many to think of names, TBH (though a few generic unprintable ones may occur…)

4 Likes

Helen, Kate, Adam, Ian, …

4 Likes

Hedgers, they are meant to be helpful.

Though I suppose one might consider them parasitical…

4 Likes

It takes a leap of faith to regard them as symbiotic, certainly.
Soo xx

4 Likes

I am fascinated by the whole process of the use of passengers to help our Joe back to his hens

I wonder if hens would eat the passengers?

How do they keep passengers in the right place?

Would they be affected by gin?

If not I can trebuchet gin east

5 Likes

Dunno ‘bout the passengers, but I certainly would!

As to keeping them in place, they come in a dressing like a large teabag, which is in turn secured by a further dressing. A new system apparently - so new in fact that they were reading the instructions out while I was lying in theatre!

Oh - I had a visit from a dietitian this afternoon. Rather curious to hear her referring to the “kidney infection” that I apparently presented with in December. Think I might want to check exactly what they’ve put in my notes…

4 Likes

That would be a Good Idea. Take as much control of this as you can, joe - with recourse to the cavalry, of course. The maggots are blameless and probably useful, imho.

Soo xx

4 Likes

I aggree with our wee bee

I tend to grab my notes while being shoved around in a wheelie chair for all sorts of tests and things

Then I read them happily

Porters squawk about the notes being confidential

I tell them they are MY notes and I am quite good at keeping secrets!

5 Likes

In England you have a legal right to a copy of any medical notes.

4 Likes

And how the doctors wailed about that.

4 Likes

They had to stop writing things like NFN in the margins.

4 Likes

I have actually been awake all day today

I think it deserves a Drink

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

A commonly used initialism, but I assume that this means ‘No Fairies Necessary’, Fishers?
I think that it is a Very Good Thing that we patient ones are allowed access to our medical notes, as you infer. I would ask for access to mine, were the chips down, azzitwere.

Where and how is our Carinthia? Gus?

Soo xx
ETA - there is our Carinthia. But how are you, Dear?

5 Likes

Weary, but ok,thank-you, Soo

Am having my hair cut tomorrow - do not want to be on the back foot, azzitwere

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Have a go at not being on either foot, with my assistance, Carinthia. I am thinking hard about you.

And, Gus - where are you? I’ll try not to be disappointing, all the time. Just sometimes (it’s in my nature, y’know).

Soo xx

4 Likes

Excellent, Soo
Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I gave my Consultant an updated list of my medication/allergies last week. He initialled it, & it is in with my notes

I had an ever-changing list in my diary for my Father’s

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Orf to me nest.

4 Likes

Oh to be an experiment. Most uplifting.

… & do get hold of your notes. Purloin them if need be. I find the medical profession reacts best (from the patient’s perspective) when treated as normal … if not really underlyingly quite inadequate … human beings and not being pandered to. Take no truck and be beligerent.

5 Likes