So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Morning all

Bacon butties on the table

Fresh malted wholegrain loaf on the cooling rack with the butter beside it!

5 Likes

Buggrit pressed reply before I was ready to say I am going to a proper haberdashery shop in Stab city

I could be a long long time

5 Likes

Woo-hoo!

6 Likes

Ooooh, buttons!
Soo xx

4 Likes

Yup buttons are on my list…

6 Likes

Have you got rid of your cold yet, O Fishy? Only I think I know where it is now :mask:

Glurk.

4 Likes

That Fish is having a lie-in, but seems to be getting gradually better.

Fiendish Ginger Drink forra Gus.

5 Likes

Thank you, dere Hedgers. Fiendish fits the bill nicely.

So am I. And glurking periodically ;- )

5 Likes

Ginsparrer… to… the… RESCUE!

[flappity] [flappity] [flappity] [flappity][flappity][flappity]

5 Likes

My first spoken word was “buttons”.

Well, I gather it was more like “buppons”, but perfectly comprehensible as a demand.

Back in those days, infants were allowed to play with their mother’s button collection once they could sit up and hold them – probably very good practice for manipulating small objects, when you think about it, which health visitors are very keen on babies being able to do. These days no doubt they would be expected to choke on them and it would be Bad Parenting, but back then the feeling was that if they ate one, no harm would be done and they would probably be disappointed enough not to bother to do it again.

6 Likes

My mother used to keep her buttons in a jar rather than a tin , so it was like a simple kaleidoscope- shaken to see which colours came into view

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I remember making patterns from beads, on the dark brown lino at the edge of the sitting-room. I had to sort them into colours again to put them away in their tins.

6 Likes

I am back

Laden with some gorgeous viscose to make palazzo trousers some cherry red jersey to make a kimono dressing gown and miles of denim for all sorts of skirty trousery things

And a huge tiger to sew onto the kimono and 2 squeakwinned cats for decorating garments

I sort of had fun

I also got the chatelaine reccommended thread and proper skirt hooks and appropriate zips and interfacing and everyfink

I also got noo shoesies

6 Likes

Well, that last bit seems somehow inevitable…

5 Likes

Well there were many shoe shops - one of them had to have shoesies I liked!

And I was hauled into the L’Occitaine shop

I came out with two nice floral perfumes

Wasn’t I spoilt rotten?

5 Likes

Remember Brontitall…

4 Likes

These are my shoesies

https://www.bourbonfootwear.com/collection/ss19/roja-candy-1

Gorgeous comfy nubuck leather shoesies with gold ribbon to fasten them

5 Likes

Best Dreams.

Our Chatelaine has a Diffiicult Day Ahead. Kindest wishes for Victor’s Funeral.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Thank-you Soo

I have been abit shaky today, I must say

The Nat boxes are all down & am making my selection

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Best wishes with Nat selections, Carinthia. I shall be, as you know, fixated upon these.
Soo (otb) zzzz

5 Likes