So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Notice that the Americans were planning to use Mexican free-tailed bats. I bet they wouldn’t have been as keen if it had been explosive bald eagles or summat.

6 Likes

The rat plan doesn’t strike me as entirely daft. Although I do realise that might not be much of a commendation.

4 Likes

Well, they’ll know who to blame* when that wall goes up in flames…

*Almost certainly wrongly, but that’s never stopped anyone

4 Likes

Sorry, I’m now picturing a row of American generals looking Solemn (and probably saluting) while off in the distance a hapless bird goes “squawrk” (boom).

I am a Bad Sparrer.

5 Likes

But… but… I saw the self-same vision. What does the Splattering of the Eagle portend?

Something Doomy, probably.

5 Likes

Is this anything to do with the right to arm bears?

6 Likes

Right arm bears? I thought they were ambidextrous.

5 Likes

I suspect a bear wiv a handgun is marginally less dangerous to everyone else than a bear wivout one.

5 Likes

More likely to shoot itself in the foot?

4 Likes

Or get confused trying to fit its paw through the trigger guard.

5 Likes

Given the amount of killing sprees that our American friends seem to have I suspect that everyone is safer from a bear with a gun than they are from an American with a gun

As for the terms “friendly fire and collateral damage” that they use

Bah and pah!

5 Likes

Blue on blue is a better way to express it?

4 Likes

There is no good way to express sloppy careless use of weapons

5 Likes

Pooh to Christopher Robin?

4 Likes

I assume that all bomb-making has taken a supper break? Poor bats, mind you - just how much incendiary substance can one strap to a wee sleepy bat?

The Fish Quay was wet and windy, but the Fishwives were in good form. There was fish to sell and we’ve enjoyed the seabass.

A minor, but surprisingly infuriating, thing occurred this morning. I had ordered my tablets from the surgery on Tuesday, at 10.17, to be precise. I left the message on the dispensary’s call recorder and asked that the pills be ready for this morning. They weren’t …again… Apparently, there was no record of my request. When asked why this might be, the receptionist said that it was probably due to the fact that the 'phone only accepts 30 messages, per day, as this has been reduced from 60. My call fell of a cliff, or something. FFS! Any spare rat, bat or fat bombs (even) to spare?

Soo xx

4 Likes

Gah! & also Grrr!
Did they say why it had been reduced from 60 to 30? I would love to hear the thinking, using the term loosely, behind that.

4 Likes

I haven’t a bluddy clue, Gus, but suspect that no thinking was involved in the taking of that decision. It seems that the denizens of my village are now permitted to register for on-line prescription requests (hitherto, we haven’t been allowed this privilege) so we’ve filled in the appropriate forms and will drop them in at the surgery when I pick up my tablets, tomorrow. If they aren’t there, I may lose it and tell the hapless receptionist exactly what I think about the whole bluddy shower of them. And much good may it do me.

I should have issued a BORING ALERT prior to posting about this. I’ll settle down with my gin, now.

Soo xx

4 Likes

No, you really shouldn’t have. With you on the gin front. Good thinking.

4 Likes

Thanks, Gus. I’ll go and watch Simon Reeve, now.
Chin-chin, Dearie!
Soo xx

4 Likes

Feral Techie is well aware that when you’ve got an arbitrary limit, you should always make it a power of 2. If they said “we’ve had to cut it from 64 messages to 32” then you might think “aha, carp old computer” and ha’done.

(There is no bomb makin’ goin’ on 'ere. This is just a harmless historical re-enactment society, the 1605 Club…)

5 Likes