So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Oh, the beautiful poodleness of her.

She doesn’t pose for photies much, does she? Minx.
Gxxx

2 Likes

This pic was taken yesterday, after her haircut.

Right, I’m off to ablute.

Soo xx

3 Likes

The classic is her A Book of Middle Eastern Food. The kind of cookbook one takes to bed to read.

Arabesque is a good, workable one - Moroccan, Lebanese and Turkish recipes. The stuffed quinces… < Gus loses self in happy reverie >

4 Likes

I am in danger of drooling into my wells here Gus

And I want a poodle

They seem to be happy souls and full of fun

Are they are as beautiful as they look to be in photos?

5 Likes

Our Poodle is Very Gorgeous, in real life, Twellsy. Also, the best natured Dog I have evr encountered.
Off to stuff the beely maw.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Am in That Harrogate.

Fairly sure this was the plan.

Poodle-free as far as I can tell.

One of the great lacks living where we do is a good cheap kebabish - they exist but not close enough to wander round to 'em, and driving would be Wrong.

4 Likes

Hmm

Chicken breast here today,but fancying an proper kebab too

Headache appears to have receded & I am awake

This is a good sign

Hope that That Birdie arrived safely, & that there is Beer

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I don’t have to drive again until Sunday. Not that they have much good beer here (too southern for good northern beer and vice versa) but a sparrer contrives.

5 Likes

Bloodysoddingbuggringputrefying ARSEBISCUITS

I knocked down the open-but-nearly-full bucket of yoghurt in the fridge. It went into the bottom of the fridge,into the freezer door seal, down the outside and inside of the freezer cupboard door - and onto the outside and inside of the shopping bag on the floor beneath.

5 Likes

(__) <---- Emergency Booze…

Breathe

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Oh hell! Life unfair to limpets!

4 Likes

Thank you, Dahlink.
Gluggity.
Breathe, breathe…

5 Likes

I will find out one day why it is that the thing one knocks over always manages to spread further than ought to be possible?

My best effort was knocking a four-pint plastic container of milk off the curly bottom of a bannister-rail where I had set it down to turn round and shut the front door. On impact with the floor it burst off its top so that milk went all over the ceiling – which was at least nine foot up. It also managed to take in the stairs and stair-carpet on its way back down, as well as the opposite wall, and me. I was left standing there dripping and shouting “WHY?”

5 Likes

Sods Law, Fishy

Works especially well with milk/milk products.

You think that you have cleaned everything that you can,& then you can smell it , so you end up scattering Bicarb like a Mad Thing…

Emergency Medicinals would seem to be in order

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

The glass held half a pint when filled
And half a gallon when it spilled,

dere Fishy.

Funny you should mention that. I knocked that over as well.

5 Likes

Many moons ago I was introduced to a wonderful Turkish restaurant in Islington. No alcohol, but there was an offy next door, so you were free bring your own with no corkage charge. The mixed grill was to die for (and quite possibly from). They had an ongoing challenge that if anyone could eat ALL of it, they’d get it free.

I paid for mine.

5 Likes

There’s a place called Turkuaz on the Bromley Road…

5 Likes

Indeed there is.
I still crave a kebab. But Turkuaz is a bit of a hike. The chippy down the hill here does very decent kebabs, but the cashpoint was dead and I don’t fancy tottering down in the rain to discover they don’t do debit cards…

Sigh.
First-world problem, I know

5 Likes

Our Lebanese lunch wozz very good and our friend enlivened her food with a good splodge of chilli relish - she enjoyed it.

Sympathies re spillages. One of my worst was knocking a full container of cornflour all over the kitchen one Christmas Eve, just before MiL arrived to stay for the Season. It never goes away.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Nor does glitter.

5 Likes