So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Yeah, but it makes rubbish gravy.

4 Likes

Mr Bee loathes glitter, with something akin to a passion. All friends and family know this and, yet, they still send the occasional sparkly card at Christmas time. Were some glitter to be spilled around the house, in copious amounts - or any amount - he’d be to cart away. So - do you have a catastrophic glitter story to spill, Hedgers?

Soo xx

4 Likes

I once was in a shop with a stone floor and a lot of wine racks - wine for sale

I lifted an interesting bottle of wine saw the price and my friend helped me put it back

1000 euro for a bottle of wine!!!

I left the shop with my purse intact

6 Likes

Twellsy, I have crashed a bottle of vino, in its bag, into a kerb and smashed it. I could have wept (and it had only cost £5 or-so). We were financially challenged, at the time.

Soo xx

4 Likes

The floors in Berry Brothers & Rudd are a bit uneven.
Just so’s you all are forewarned

5 Likes

Glitter or cornflour, Gus? Neither would be ideal for gravy, imho. I was making macaroni cheese for our two young bairns, to fend off the dreadful hunger they were, apparently, experiencing. The idea had been that they would be fattened and content, but it certainly back-fired.

Soo xx

4 Likes

I once had to lift a handful of glitter and scatter it as a spell from the good fairy in a pantomime

I would be at my strait laced school next day with traces of make-up and glitter in my hair

For the run of the show I was given detention because of glitter in my hair and make-up

Try removing stage make-up with soap and water - it sets in such conditions

5 Likes

Cornflour works fine for gravy, honest injun. Have never deployed it for macaroni cheese, but that’s useful to know.
I no longer have need of MiL repellent, but is it effective for that?

4 Likes

Cold cream, Dahlink, all the way

4 Likes

Nope. She enjoyed her coffee and mince pies, while watching the whole sorry show. And came back for many more years of food and impromptu entertainment.

Soo xx

4 Likes

Damn. There goes my get-rich-quick scheme for repackaging the stuff and flogging it at a huge mark-up ;- )

4 Likes

When she was still alive my MiL was the sort that would just help with any spills

As for cold cream in my yoof such a thing was out of the question

I was a naive 13 year old…

5 Likes

One of the Fishly-Dunnock ménage put a small amount of green glitter in his beard forra Christmas party. About what came out of the pot on two fingertip dips.

Eight years later when we moved out of that house we were still occasionally finding flakes of the stuff.

5 Likes

ARSEBISCUITS redoubled

Having fought down the kebab kraving, I was headed for scrambled eggs with integral mushroom, wivva bit of bacon. So what did I do? Threw the box wiv four large (all the eggs of a Guses’ house) onto the floor. And every one ovvem broke.
Bacon and mushroom might occur. Or not. Sodditsodditsoddit.
And arsebiscuits. Again.

5 Likes

Blimey, Gus. Arsebiscuits don’t sound appealing azzan adjunct to bacon and mushrooms. How about a bit of fried bread? And Brown Sauce?
Soo xx

4 Likes

Ugh. I hope that The One Responsible has learned its lesson. Mr Bee maintains a very short beard and I now suspect that this is to avoid such Dangerous Leanings.

Soo xx

4 Likes

As to the condiment you mention: not in my house. Ketchup, oth…
Mushrooms. Toast. Bacon. Ketchup.
Cyanide.

3 Likes

Erm - although we have been told that this can give one an attractively porcelain blue tinge, I’d avoid it - even in its sparkling form, Gus.

Soo xx

4 Likes

Look, after today’s various clumsinesses, would you trust a knot of mine?
Quite.
Hence the cyanide.

4 Likes

My chrquebookis now covered in (cooked) mushrooms. Don’t even ask.

4 Likes