So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Disgraceful!

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Hardly the first old boiler to have let down the Chatelaine. Remembering the time with the Hats…

6 Likes

Wee birdies should be careful talking about old boilers

Lots of em have teeth claws and good kicking boots…

5 Likes

Lovely afternoon looking at the Roman remains anna Pint of IPA in a Pub’

The Darlings are cooking Dinner, & I am resting

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Bin in That London.

After several tries, found a half-decent pub in Camden Town.

6 Likes

I hope it goes on being lovely, Carinthia.

4 Likes

Things must have changed since my day - there used be dozens. Aftermath of yuppification, I presume?

4 Likes

Pretty much. They are all overpriced and noisy; some have beer that’s worth it.

5 Likes

My day has consisted of walking around a lake*, admiring the swans and passerines, the latter feeding right next to the carpark. This place charges the princely sum of £1.60 to park up for the day. We gladly pay this, as the woodland is managed beautifully and the small birds are fed like kings. However, as we returned to our car, we overheard another visitor offering his all-day parking ticket to a new arrival who accepted it with enthusiasm unbounded. I think that this sort of action is not in the sprit of things, but consoled myself with a sighting of a Nuthatch.

  • Apart from faffing about on-line.

Soo xx

5 Likes

That seems silliness to me; why not just pay and ha’ done? But I am glad you had a good day in spite of the cheapskates.

5 Likes

Today’s cheapskate was driving an Audi (this year’s) and, although one shouldn’t judge, I got the feeling that he could well afford £1.60 for the upkeep of the place. Yes, I did have a good walk and met many more worthy people.
Off to watch trash.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Why should one not judge, dear Bee? A skinflint, an arsehole and a hypocrite.
… walked into a bar?

Anyhow, back from That There London, which was a trifle full. Meeting friends and Medicinal Beer may have been involved.
I know we eschew politics on here as a rule, so:
Gollocks to Grexit
Bus xxx

5 Likes

Secretly and for your ears/eyes only, I did judge, Bus/Gus. The skinflint’s choice of vehicle may have rendered him impecunious, however.
[Koffs up fuzz ball]
Anyhoo, itizz time for bed. Tomorrow, we’ll be going out for Sunday lunch at Twin Farms - Carinthia knows this place - to meet up with DS and DiL.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

6 Likes

Sending Greetings & I will tell more tomorrow about the Best Birthday Evvah

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Hurrah, Carinthia!

yardarm

6 Likes

Full Ulster fries all round while we wait for our chatelaine

5 Likes

Excellent, Dahlink. Am all abob < winky wotsit >

xxx

6 Likes

Sets platters of cooked fry ingredients on the table so folk can help themselves while we wait forra Carinthia’s report

5 Likes

Snibber, Bus xx

Ooh thanks, Twellsy. I’ll help myself to a small selection of everything on offer, as I must cope with Sunday Lunch, shortly. Very much looking forward to Carinthia’s Best Birthday Evvah Report!

Soo xx

5 Likes

Gee, thanks… OK, I’ll stop now.

Enjoy the lunch gathering.
Gxxx

4 Likes