So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Just supervising the final battle between gods and men. So, normal Sunday really.

4 Likes

How have we managed to have 900 replies on this thread and only 879 views?

2 Likes

Because it’s possible to post more than once on a visit?

2 Likes

It would still mean that everyone who visits also posts, which isn’t like any of the other threads. I mean, the “Ambridge Reporter Shorter English Dictionary” thread has 53 replies and 361 views. And the previous Cellar was 10.0k replies and 16.6k views.

3 Likes

I keep getting little messages from Discourse asking me if I’d like to talk to someone else, if I reply 3 or 4 times on the same topic !

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Don’t we all. Just ignore them!

3 Likes

I had one of those once and was sair affrontit, until I worked out it was something Discourse does rather than me being told to shut up by actual people. Although that has happened too, IRL.

3 Likes

Every time I start a thread it tells me that my thread is like a couple of previous threads: often ones with which only “and” and “the” are words in common. sometimes I try to work out what it thinks are the similarities, but it defeats me.

3 Likes

Possibly it is a close friend of Harrison Burns.

3 Likes

Does such a being exist?

3 Likes

That is rather the nature of the Cellar, though. There are generally several conversations going on at once, so multiple posts are almost the norm. It’s rare to visit and not respond to at least one.

3 Likes

The algorithm is designed to prevent multiple threads being started on the same topics, but I reckon the sample size is too small to avoid false positives.

3 Likes

There is another one which ticks one off if one has made too many posts on a single thread: that’s the one I took the huff about. What do you mean, ‘touchy’? Most uncalled for, that remark, thank you very much I don’t think…

Goodnight, Cellar. A lurch bedwards is imminent.

3 Likes

Steady The Buffs, Gus

Sleep well

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Trust me. they are as nothing to the (allegedly) human imbeciles one has to suffer if attempting any sort of engagement on certain platforms. (I have had a couple of days trying to deal with what Billy Connolly once described as - if you’ll pardon the expression - “the sort of people who give wankers a bad name”. I suppose it serves me right for getting involved in online classical music discussions…)

4 Likes

Birthday Greetings to Soo & Twellsy :sun_with_face: :honeybee:

We have a dozen Bottles of decent Gin, but fret not, more will arrive this afternoon

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Three cheers for the Gin Twins! Many happy returns.

4 Likes

Yes, Happy Birthday both.

I hope the day is a good one; eventually That Bird will fall out of the edge of its nest in an untidy manner wiv fevvers pointing every which way, and locate the Banner. Or Banners.

Meanwhile,

yardaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarm!

In other news, I have knitted or knat a rainbow scarf six feet long by one foot wide for Sudden Daughter, and it has tassels or a fringe, whichever one wants to call it, at one end and enough yarn cut to make the same at the other end as soon as I get round to it.
5 Likes

[flappity] [flappity][flappity] [flappity] [flappity] [flappity] (clockwise)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOO FROM ALL YER FRIENDS IN THE CELLAR

[flappity] [flappity][flappity] [flappity] [flappity] [flappity] (anti-clockwise)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWELLSY FROM ALL YER FRIENDS IN THE CELLAR

I cannot think of a better occasion for Extry Gin.

6 Likes

Heavens, I did not know Soo and Twellsy were twins. When was this discovered? Obviously they are also heirs to a vast fortune, possibly even a kingdom, those are the rules.

Happy Birthday, both!

5 Likes