So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

We walked for an hour and a quarter.

We met a Dalmatian.
We met a Poodle.
We met a Beagle.
We met a Dog Of All Sorts.
We met a Flat-Coated Retriever.
We met a Hound.
We met a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
We met a Dachshund.

And the DDD said “Hello” politely to each of them, putting down her stick in order to do so, and them most politely picked her stick up again and trotted on.

Now she has eaten almost all her morning ration of food, which was Mixed Kibble, lamb-and-rice and fish-and-potato, and seems to have deceived her because she has left a few pieces of bit of each. Hurrah!

6 Likes

Hurrah indeed.

And a very sociable and satisfactory walk.

5 Likes

If anyone would like to have a crossless sticky spiced bun grab one quick or yon Bull eats a all of the batch I have just made

6 Likes

Snaffle, gronff and swoffle

Dee-licious, Twellers. Thank you.

5 Likes

[vooosh]
[peckity] [peckity] [peckity][peckity][peckity]

5 Likes

Starting a bigger batch for tomorrow

Gannets ye are gannets I tell ye

6 Likes

Hic … (burps)

6 Likes

Got to stoke up, shovelling all those packets is hard work.

5 Likes

I used to like them toasted - more fruit than teacakes

Maundy Thursday is known as ‘Green Thursday’ in German-speaking countries, & the dish of the day is creamed spinach wiv fried potatoes anna fried egg

I may have to organise some creamed spinach , which is an garlicky delight

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Oh, my. That is what we are having for our vegetarian guest’s supper!

You’re a genius, Carinthia.

(I had planned mushroom stroganoff, but he doesn’t like mushrooms so that is Orf.)

4 Likes

It’s simple, but delicious , Fishy

Last year I had it as a sort of Smoked Haddock Florentine for my Good Friday meal

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Ohhhh yesss. Lush, that is.

4 Likes

Vegetarians aren’t allowed not to like mushrooms, dammit. That’s just Wrong.

5 Likes

I meant to say that , in Austria & Germany, fried potatoes usually have onions wivvem too

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

What I have is 450g frozen leaf-spinach, and I have some cream (about 300ml) and I have some potatoes; we have lots of eggs.

The spinach is thawing right now.

What do I do? Talk me through it?

4 Likes

Blanch the spinach just to thaw. Drain well and squeeze dry as you can. Melt plenty of butter, and add finely chopped garlic then the chopped spinach. Cook over a gentle heat, stirring frequently for 3-4 mins. Increase the heat and add two or three tablespoons of cream, bring almost to the boil and simmer until the cream is slightly reduced. Season with nutmeg and a squeeze of lemon.

You can use more cream - consistency of this is very much a matter of taste.

4 Likes

More or less like Gus’ method, but I sometimes add a tablespoonful of flour to the sweated onions/garlic/butter mix & then add the cream slowly & finally the spinach & let it cook gently for 10 minutes

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Fight! Fight! Fight!

5 Likes

Snork !

It depends on what I have, & how ‘robust’ I would like it to be . I have been known to use Semi-Skilled Milk & half a veggie stock cube when making it at the Campsite & no access to proper cream

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Thank you both. I shall proceed hopefully and see what happens. Guest may arrive any time now, so I can peel some potatoes before he does and get them ready to oven-fry, and then add fried onions to them once they are ready for it and simmer the whole lot in the oven – as it were.

5 Likes