So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

We will need a sit-rep about DDD,& DDPoodle if Gus’ Ma is to get any sleep tonight

Proffers Pitchers

I have spoken with a Steward, a friend, about the unseemly scrum at the Good Friday Service yesterday

I was the 7th to call & complain…

People will be struck down on Monday… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

When I got back about 6.30, the Hound was in fine fettle; we went for a walk and came back with the same ball (and the same Hound). She’s still sulking because of lack of Fish (I can only provide so many furfles), but such is life.

5 Likes

They aren’t Fishly Furfles, Dunnock , although very comforting, I’m sure

Time forran Drink ?

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Definitely!

(She is now noisily demolishing a marrowbone. At least I hope that’s what it is.)

Orf to me nest.

6 Likes

That looks like Bliss !

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

She has now deigned to come up and flump by me bed.

5 Likes

Taking her Sparrer -minding seriously, as befits a Good Hound.

The Ma has been updated and applauds the skill shown by returning with the same ball (and Dog) you set out with.

6 Likes

Easter Greetings to the Cellar.

5 Likes

An excellent choice. Messiaen’s brief flirtation with jazz - or at least, jazz as filtered through the work of Cocteau and Les Six. As far as I know, the only other examples are the Fantasie Burlesque for piano (which is pretty forgettable, TBH) and the Intermède from the Quatuor pour la fin du Temps:

4 Likes

< bows >
Le Quatuor pour la fin du Temps. I love it and I know I completely do not understand it. Histoire de ma vie, mon vieux.

Greetings to your bonny fine fowls, too, on this clear blue morning.
Gx

5 Likes

Once we leave this end of the Common Practice Period, there’s very little classical music wot a sparrer gets on wiv; and I’ve always rather suspected that one of the major influences on the Quatuor was the desire to annoy the prison guards. Still, he was sound on birdsong.

Happy Easter (or, over-literally translating the Russian, up-cross-day) to them as does.

yardarm

6 Likes

Well yes, I suppose there is always that too.

I am off to bed. Play bonny.

norra vigil, just absence of sleep

6 Likes

Morning all

In deference to the day that’s in it we have eggs that are either

Scrambled

Boiled

Fried

Baked

Coddled

Buttered

Omelettes

Made into ravioli that have the yolks soft when the raviolo is cut

Used to make lace pancakes

Used for crepes

Or used in prairie oysters

Any other means of cooking you can

DO IT YERSELVES

6 Likes

There is a curious and poignant footnote to the composition of the Quatuor, regarding one of the guards, Karl-Albert Brüll. He was aware of Messiaen’s eminence as a composer and excused him the usual menial duties, instead finding him somewhere to write and procuring manuscript paper, pencils, etc.

Long afterwards, in the late 60s, Brüll called on Messiaen in Paris, but Messiaen refused to admit him—possibly he didn’t remember who he was. A while later, Messiaen relented and tried to contact Brüll, only to find he’d since died in a car accident.

Oh, and for That Sparrer, here’s the piece I played for my second year recital at college:

4 Likes

Hot from the oven

https://zenphoto.intricatewebs.com/Cookery/IMG_0342.jpg

6 Likes

They look lovely, Twellsy, but I usually find that I don’t like ‘sweet’ bread

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I left the sugar out so they are not sweet and will go with sausages and cole slaw

6 Likes

Perfect then !

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

That reminds me - I still haven’t got round to using the banneton…

5 Likes

It seems to give a very professional finish, Joe

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes