So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

I love the finish a well floured bannetone gives

I am a bit boggled at the thought of Polish yeast French flour from a German shop using an English millar being made into a French style loaf using a French baking mould by an Irish woman

Cosmopolitan or what?

5 Likes

That Poodle izz now on the Edinburgh train. This is her, saying ‘au revoir’ to the Cellarites:

Now I must catch up on Cellar news and music. We’ve had a lovely Easter weekend.

Soo xx

5 Likes

She’s gorgeous, Soo

I have cooked an Ham Hock which I got for the princely sum of £1-75

It will feed me for 3 days !

Pea & Ham soup tomorrow…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Wot an Fine Hound.

Not as fine as ours, obviously, but one can’t help that.

[beaky grin]

5 Likes

Norty, Dunnock…

Dangerust Talk

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I will concede the potential need on occasion for fried or poached eggs; but that is nothing but Deliberate Nastiness, and distressing to Guses of a nervous disposition.

6 Likes

Hound Wars!

That Poodle izzazz fine azz any other, I’ll have you know, Hedgers.

[buzzity look]

One of the reet grand things about having her stay with us is that her primary doters are so very appreciative of our culinary efforts and general hospitality. Also, we four bipeds proudly took her for walks and people gasped and swooned at her beauty and grace. Such is our besottedness, mayhap.

I have greatly enjoyed the music and can only marvel at the flautism.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Right, Twellers, and with your narsty ravioli bombs in mind, this is specially for you - something I misread earlier:

offering him the basket of worm muffins

5 Likes

To go with the pee soup?

5 Likes

Dog log: we have been out, and got back with ten minutes of twilight left. Today I couldn’t find the ball-flinger, so we played the stick game and the other stick game (much easier to get the Hound to drop her stick if you’re throwing another one).

5 Likes

Well…
That Poodle tends to make scorch marks on the lawn with her pee. I know! It can be difficult to mark the spot accurately, before employing the garden hose. We had, yesterday and only some ovvus, discussed utilising golfing tees for the pees. This morning, Mr Bee had the fortunate experience of seeing an earthworm hurriedly wriggling out of its pied-a-terre clearly discomforted by pee. Both the worm and pee-hole were thoroughly rinsed.

And, on that uplifting note, yer bee izz off to bed.

Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

4 Likes

Gus sweetie

Ravioli with thin pasta and a filling of the yolk of a egg was a thing I came across on Masterchef

it was a starter when paired with crispy prosciutto

What have you agin eggs?

5 Likes

Nothing per se, I believe

She just doesn’t like 'em looking at her…

I do hope that Soo took Gin with her

I wore my Middle 'Normous Nat to Mass this evening

Head Honcho was very liberal with the Holy Water for the Easter Blessing, so there was some dripping orff the brim…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I know ittiz a sodding thing, Twellers. And no doubt fine and grand for them as likes it.

They, the actual yolk and yellowness and runniness, revolt me. If someone without warning me beforehand were to burst into one of those pasta egg parcels, I would more than likely vomit. Ideally not over the table but no guarantees.
The Late loved fried eggs, and I would cook them for him, and I would poach them too, for on top of smoked haddock for Saturday breakfast from time to time. But watch them being ate? Not a fecking chance. Pass the wastebin, someone.

Oh, and I have spewed at the sight of unleashed eggyolk on TGBM, just this past week.

But the chickens are doing a sterling job. Feathery pride in yer output, sweethearts

5 Likes

So file the hat under ‘Emergency Halo’, Dahlink.
Too much welly with the aspergillium. Or a generous spirit, or something. So long as no one made sizzling noises…

Oh, it would be a lovely case, though. Carinthia vs the Church, re millinery

5 Likes

I have to say that Head Honcho et Moi aren’t exactly fond of each other & I couldn’t be sure that it wasn’t deliberate

Howsumevva

I will show true Christian spirit, & rise above it

Snell Snyff

It was in a tiny ‘Bergkirche’ in Austria one Easter Sunday that Mr C ducked when the aspergillium was swatted…

He was the only non-Catholic in the Church at the time, & reacted instinctively .

The Fambly always maintain that, if it had been a cricket ball approaching, he would have caught it

Also instinctively…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I quite like the idea of toughening up congregations through random bombardment with cricket balls but also realise that it would be Very Wrong Indeed

6 Likes

I was almost weeping with laughter…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Absolutely, Gus - unless of course they were consecrated first. (But somehow I feel Holy Cricket Balls would be more a CofE sort of thing.)

yardarm

6 Likes

Fantastic looking loaves Twellsy :grinning: I bought some Harvest Crunch from Aldi after you recommended it and it made lovely bread but sadly I haven’t seen it for a while, I’ll have to buy it in bulk next time I see it there. Your baking is always inspirational :grinning:

How are your lovely leopards ?

6 Likes