So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Not the sossidges, not all my pretty bangers and their pan…
Yon dog is a confidence trickster - as are all Clever and Good Hounds.
The Ma was entertained by the updates and seems somewhat devoted to an animal she wouldn’t know if it bit her on the bum. Which DDD of course would not.

6 Likes

Ha

Cupboard Love !

A four- day frivol sounds wonderful fer fISHY

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

We went to stay witj #1 son in Northampton this weekend. Lovely house in a nice area. The boy’s done good.

We went to Bedford, as #2 son, home from his 10 days in Uzbekistan, could get to Northampton by train due to rail works. But I have now checked off John Bunyan’s home tiwn off in my Eye-Spy book of ‘Places What I Have Been To’.

We also went to a village called Olney, sort of between MK and Northampton. It was stunning. A beautiful market town of Cotswold stone (yes, I know it isn’t) with restaurants, cafés, upmarket thingimajig shops galore. A lovely museum and very high-class charity shops. I had honestly never heard of it before. Highly recommended.

Then, Coton Manor, a bite-sized manor house & gardens. With a very neat bluebell woods and … well … these …

7 Likes

Sounds quietly ghastly, but I love the flamingos
Gx

7 Likes

Wanna bite-sized manor house

That looks lovely

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Don’t mess wiv Mr Pink.

That Fish is 'ome safe.

6 Likes

Good

Minnow End ?

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Reservoir Waders.
A film I wish I had seen.

6 Likes

It is allus Minnow End o’clock.

But let’s avva

yardarm

just to keep the paperwork straight.

6 Likes

Absolutely, Dunnock

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Ooooooo

Flamingoes!

I luuuuuuuuuuurve flamingoes

They are a proper colour of beastie

Pink

I am fond of pink

6 Likes

I too am fond of pink, but it has to be exactly the right shade - none of yer mardy-arsed tones fer me & my colouring. It has to have a lot of blue in the tone, so more magenta than salmon pink

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I reckon that pastels in general do not suit most interesting people.

5 Likes

I adore all pastels as they flatter my colouring

But a good strong shocking pink through to magenta or neon pink as delicious colours

I even have shocking pink nubuck shoesies

6 Likes

There you have it, Twellsy

Most pastels are the kiss of death to my complexion . I need proper ‘saturated’ colour

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I love the differences between us

Purple washes me out and you suit that spectrum

I also love bright yellow and it brings my colouring alive

5 Likes

I don’t like Yeller at all, but once had a very good cotton jacket given to me by a friend & was told how much it suited me

It was certainly a ‘safe’ colour (!) & I kept it in our VW Caravette, which was also Yeller,as an emergency raincoat. The caravette & everything innit was stolen,so that disappeared.

Everything depends on skin, hair , eye colour,& also, I feel, character. I have never ‘had my colours done’ but hope that I have sorted out what suits me. Of course, skin & hair colour changes with age, & adjustments have to be made.I love a ‘proper’ shade of grey, but have to be careful to balance it with Summat Strong, otherwise I look as though I have been dead fer 3 weeks… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Amazing what a decent splash of colour can do innit?

You know my sort of sallow skin that turns tan at the blink of sun

I get away with blue murder in my choices

5 Likes

This morning the DDD was Flat. She didn’t even raise her head in her basket as I came downstairs. She has not made a fuss to go out, and she is in the basket, flatly, as I type.

I think That Bird has broken her…

And I have the sore throat which comes from talking to a couple of hundred friends (sequentially, not in tandem!) over four days in a hotel with dry airconditioning and hotel prices for drinks which mean you’d rather forego a couple of drinks and have a week’s holiday in the Algarve with the money you save. It hurts, but I know it is not illness just a need of moisturising. After the walk, the Minnow Ends…

6 Likes

She didn’t actually eat that stick, did she? I’m glad that you have had a Good Time, Fishers but offer sympathy for the sore froat.

Briefly back to colours, it’s saturated hues for me. I look (even) more ghastly in pastels.

Soo xx

6 Likes