So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Poor hound missing its training of the wee birdy

It was going so well

Here I have prepped a chicken for dinner with a lemming and bay leaves up its bum and a few pats of butter under the skin of its breasts then slathered in butter seasoned and sat on pepper lemon celery carrot and onion with some water and lemon juice

That should be a reasonable bit of dinner

With roast spuds and green veg

6 Likes

Less of the (even) more, Soo .You never look ghastly, I’m sure

I couldn’t survive 4 days without drinking enuff, Fishy - I would keel over on day 1 They would have to provide tap water, or I would take still bottled water with me & refill my sports bottle.

DDD is playing you, 'cos you ABANDONED her…

The pollen is horrible today, & air is being chewed…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Here it’s grey and dull

And tree pollen is rampant as there are oodles of trees in bloom scattering pollen to the four winds

6 Likes

Tree pollen, weeds, grass, rapeseed - take yer pick, it’s all in my bit of Chesterfield…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I always take a water bottle if I have to go to a modern hotel. The lack of moisture comes down to fear of Legionella; it’s cheaper to make everyone dry and vulnerable to infection than to have the air-conditioning water tank checked once a year, especially if (the advanced version) you don’t fit a water tank at all.

5 Likes

I did take a water bottle, and they actually provided water dispensers in each main room; I was drinking about two litres a day, and still getting dry.

The Flat Dog expanded to its proper dimensions when we went out for a walk among fresh beech leaves the colour of Spring, in air you could have hit with a stick and the stick would bounce.

The wild raspberries are coming into flower.

5 Likes

Did you get the headache too ?

I am sneezing fer England & Ireland & haven’t been out today

Am packing the last of the ‘40 Items for Lent’ AKA Lenten Flingage into bin bags ready to take to the Orsepiss Depot

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

The headache stayed at the edges and didn’t manifest, thank goodness.

And I think good relations were established with someone I behaved badly to a few years ago because of circumstance, which is also good.

5 Likes

That’s satisfying then, Fishy

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Most satisfactory, Fishers.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Mr Bee and I have headaches and hayfever symptoms, this spring. It’s an absolute @rse and Cetirizine izz not cutting the mustard, I can tell you.

Soo xx

5 Likes

So far hay fever has always been something that happened to other people.

Which is a good thing 'cos you need someone vaguely competent to pour the Slammers.

5 Likes

I sense that you are just the Bird to do this, Hedgers.
Hopeful buzzity.
Soo xx

5 Likes

We had a good time with an unexpected friend who came to dinner

The hen was gorgeous and the company was great

None of us are affected by pollen

So I will join the wee birdie in beer and gin testing

6 Likes

I am glad that your time with friend was good, Twellsy :wink:
At no time did I suggest that gin testing was out, fer me, however.
Soo xx

5 Likes

:cocktail: for them as does.

:beers: for them as does differently.

:coffee: for the real perverts.

5 Likes

Glad to line up with non-pervs.
Cheers!
And, bed. Good nights, all.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I will always share gin tasting duties with a wee bee :honeybee:

I am just keeping Feral company with the beer tasting

Someone has to be kind to techies

6 Likes

I have taken Loratadine (Clarityn), (prescribed), on an almost daily basis since 2004, Soo

Howsumevva, the side-effects of the medication prescribed 15 months ago included strange rashes & unbearable itching, so I now have Fexofenadine which is the really strong stuff & I can take 2 per day if necessary

Whispers

I have had my best day in weeks,and, to celebrate, I changed the hall/landing & front door curtains to summer modus

I will prolly pay for it tomorrow, but do feel as though have done summat

I will test the Vodka…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I trust the vodka passed the Carinthial Inspection?

yardarm

5 Likes