So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Liberates Large Medicinal

The security light has just come on at the back of the house & I looked out of thewindow to see what had triggered it.

Usually it’s a fox, or a cat

Tonight it was a badger cub !

Gawds

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Lovely and fierce. Fine combination.

yardarm

(Also Hannah [sic]; I trust Twellsy is properly battened down.)

5 Likes

We had badgers last year. They truffle up the lawn looking for big grubs.

If they’d knocked I’d have GIVEN them big grubs. They only had to ask, not plough up 1/4 of my garden !!

I went out to the garage one evening and came face-to-face with an adult one which stood on its tip toes, bared its teeth and hissed at me. I took action of the running-away type.

5 Likes

Morning all

Bacon butties ready

Batches hattened down here - it looks as if Hannah will be a noisy gel

5 Likes

Ah, I remember now, Carinthia. It is you I have to thank for my badger-infested dream this morning. They don’t like toffees, Well, this one didn’t. Nor would it leave the premises. Quite a worry, taken all in all.

5 Likes

I am not a timid bird but I feel badgers is best dealt wiv when you have about fifty of your mates lurking just out of sight.

[happy peckity]

6 Likes

The back garden is a tiny triangular patch of lawn, with a dwarf apple tree, a holly bush & rhubarb

Howsumevva

At the point of the triangle, there is access, fer critturs, to many other gardens, & the Fox Jamboree Ground half a mile away

The garden is raised, so the badger felt uncomfortably close, despite the double glazing

It was a bitovva shock, TBH

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Eeeek

Red warning here

Water supplies now arranged and my hammock dismanlted

http://archive.met.ie/nationalwarnings/default.asp

Water for toilet flushing also sorted out

Best we can do if the electrickery goes off as the well is on another circuit to the house one and our generator is for the house

We have food water and the wee gas cooker so will be grand

6 Likes

Making sure you have essential supplies…

5 Likes

Bless your forward thinking wee birdie

6 Likes

That Dog is very fine in many respects, but genuinely did not think of moving a foot sideways to come out of the rain.

5 Likes

Silly hound!

Cats are more sensible

6 Likes

Hope it’s not too harrowing for Twellsie and Yon Bull. Have just confined some very disgruntled chooks to barracks. We’re supposed to avoid the worst of it—yellow warning here—but we’re taking no chances…

Meanwhile, what is to become of the Cellar when the storm strikes? Abandoned for pastures new? (Save possibly the occasional caretaking visit by staff.)

5 Likes

The cellar is a safe haven for us all

6 Likes

Which is why “no trapezes”

5 Likes

We do need a new one, but is the middle of a hurricane the right time to move furniture?

4 Likes

Werl, if there’s lightning I may pop outside to enjoy it.

Yes!

5 Likes

I think waiting and starting a new cellar after the storm is a good idea

Imaging if the cockytail cabinets got damaged

Or worse the gin cabinet could be blown away

Best leave things in situ nice and safe

5 Likes

The hard part is usually stopping it from moving.

6 Likes

…danger of airborne badgers…

4 Likes