So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

This is a sparrer realising that other people mostly don’t make instant coffee with about an inch of water-from-the-fridge and then top it up with cold milk, Gus.

3 Likes

If’s a pretty poor state of affairs if a Sparrer can’t make coffee to preferred passerine specifications* in a Sparrer’s own house. Down with the Beverage Polis, say I.

*Don’t the granules stay sort of, well, granular in cold water?

3 Likes

That was what I expected, but apparently not.

3 Likes

Oh. Interesting.
Thinking about it - not the granularity, the whole ‘cold-made coffee’ ndaba - iced coffee is A Thing and perfectly socially acceptable, so Why The Heck Not?

3 Likes

Apparently some people make iced coffee hot and cool it down, while others make it cold. I am lazy (pauses for shocked gasps and cries of “not you, Sparrer!”) (pauses some more) so I thought I’d try it cold and see what happened. Less faff for me.

4 Likes

oh all right then [gaspity] [shockity].
Not lazy, dere Hedgers, just practical.

3 Likes

I’m still trying to decide between topping up the mug with milk, which gives me a long cool mildly disgusting drink, and necking the small amount of concentrated cold coffee (very disgusting) and then having a nice mug of milk. Depends on my mood, really.

3 Likes

Were I that way inclined, which I very much am not (cow juice? really? Let it rot and make it into lovely cheese!) then I would take the one mouthful of disgusting/mugful of pleasant. But it’s yer own beak and you are a Bird who has attained the Age of Discretion ;- )

4 Likes

I am of the opinion that were I to try to neck a double teaspoon of instant coffee dissolved in an inch of water I should be sick. The milk would not make up for this, nor make the caffeine have stayed in my system.

4 Likes

I cannot drink coffee

Tea is my favourite drink

After gin

And beer…

Coffee makes me queasy and gives me an edake

2 Likes

I despise the stuff, but it’s a delivery vehicle for caffeine. (And it has the advantage over an energy drink of not adding more sugar. Thanks, I’m as bitter as I want to be.)

Another bright sunny day, bah humbug.

yardarm

4 Likes

It is not warm, it is not sunny, and it is not bright. Pah.

3 Likes

Soggy here and a balmy 13C

I will swap for sun…

And warmth

4 Likes

21deg here, with very high pollen levels

The party was lovely- spent most of the evening sitting outside drinking Prosecco

Former Girl Guide Carinthia had the foresight to take a (matching) jacket , so was fine. The others borrowed blankets & jackets from Birthday Girl’s Mum

A non-drinking Sister-out-Law very kindly brought me home. I walked there in 7 minutes, but the feets were protesting by 11-30pm

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Sounds like a good time being had! Good for you.

I am spending time collecting every Archers cast-list in the Genome Project; this is laborious, because it is so ordered that collecting them automatically would be more work than Feral Techie wants to do, and I have to do it by hand. I am up to 30th March, 1957, after several sessions.

4 Likes

Anyone want to hear about my marathon nail polishing session aided by leopards?

Any fondness for the beasts has evaporated faster than the gel top coat sets

4 Likes

Good luck with that. Why does it have to be so arbitrary?

3 Likes

Dare one ask about the gemome?

3 Likes

Essentially it seems to be the contents of Radio Times between 1923 and 2009 – but not all of them, and in a form which means you have to go to the right programme and click on it in order to open not a page of the RT but one entry in it.

https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/

I am on page 106 of "every entry including the words “The Archers”, and there are several thousand pages of those. Not all are six-line “The Archers” entries which open to give a cast-list; some contain the word “The”… And not all Omnibus editions contain a cast-list; some just give the name of the programme, some give writers and director and producer but not cast: this means that opening them is futile since they have nothing to copy out. It is somewhat soul-destroying; but I do not trust the BBC not to delete it suddenly and for no reason, I had better do it now, while I can.

3 Likes

My soul was almost destroyed by reading that, Fishy…

I do applaud your dedication…

I think that we need Slammers, TBH

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes