So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

As predicted, Gus’s sauce a great success. Pseudo-naan burger buns work well, too.

5 Likes

I did not mean to suggest that donkeys and/or donkishness are unappealing. Quite the reverse. Charming creatures. Which do not, as far as I know, sting.
G xxx

4 Likes

That is very pleasing, joe. And a new form of bunnage discovered and found good. yay! x 2

4 Likes

If bees could kick that hard, they wouldn’t bother with stings either.

4 Likes

true. But then one so seldom inadvertently sits on a donkey. Bees on the other hand, or rather, cheek…

4 Likes

Apparently cockchafers eat and eat and eat, which is why they were nearly wiped out by pesticides in the 1950s.

(And now I know why a doodlebug was called that. I’ve seen plenty of film of V-1s, but never the inspiration before.)

Meanwhile, it’s being another sunny day, and time forra

yardarm

5 Likes

So the wee craythurs have healthy appetites

Donkeys are adorable beasties who know their own minds

Bees are good eggs all round

I like the sound of bees drowsing around my oregano forest

Wee birdies need bacon butties to keep fevver and bone together

5 Likes

surely ‘to increaae the distance between’, if the butties are functioning as per spec

4 Likes

(pore pathetic tseep)

[energetic peckity peckity]

5 Likes

Wee birdies are so energetic they need at least four or five times their body weight in food a day

Just to stay alive

And one birdie delivers gin/vodka to poorly tarts in their hour of need so said birdie needs to be well fuelled at all times

6 Likes

Which brings me to a Mike Harding quote.

"My Grandad lived through the war in inner city Manchester. Despite the blitz he refused to move, saying 'if it’s got your name on it, it’s got your name on it.

He was very calm about it all … which is more than you could say for Mr. & Mrs. Doodlebug who lived next door !!’ "

5 Likes

More to the point, if the bees all die (and we are doing our best to kill them off with our filthy poisons on all the flowers they pollinate) we will get a bit hungry.

I do not kill anything without a good reason; and “I’m scared of it” is not a good reason, to me. A hornet would be fine if it were prepared to go outside and then go away, without argument; but I cannot be doing with a hornets’ nest in my garden, because I want the use of the garden, and I want reasonable relations with the neighbours, and a hornets’ nest would preclude both. Ditto wasps: and they will get inside and get underfoot, and I dislike being stung. Rats get discouraged by not being given food, outside, and brutally pest-preventioned if they come indoors because I don’t feel happy about sharing premises with them, woodworm get killed because they are bad for my furniture, clothes-moths because they are bad for my clothes. Flies get evicted from the kitchen unless they absolutely insist on death, spiders get moved outside if they are large and obvious but otherwise mostly get left alone, bees get rescued as a priority, mice get caught and taken to the next county and dumped into a hedgerow.

Why kill a may-bug? It is doing me no harm, and is anyway quite capable of its own suicide, as we have seen.

5 Likes

Can’t do Hornets & Wasps, & am absolutely terrified & repulsed by Rats & Snakes

I think that Slammers may be in order

When don’t you? Ed.

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Slammers? Of course!
We’ll share nicely.

We have sat out in the garden for the second day running. I honestly don’t remember the last time this was possible and don’t think that it happened last year.

I had bought large flatcap mushrooms for our BBQ, which OH swerved, so I insisted on stuffing them (wait…) with lots of tasty stuff and baking them. They were delicious and, yes, I know that life is too short etc.

Soo xx

5 Likes

I love stuffed mushrooms, Soo

Am doing some clearing of space- the boiler is to be serviced tomorrow, & itizz in the airing cupboard

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Careful What You Wish For :grin:
I dread boiler services, as ours is also in the airing cupboard.

Good nights, Cellarites.

Soo xx

4 Likes

Noo Bottle of Gin to take with you, Soo

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Thank you, Chatelaine. Fuzzy hugs.
Soo xx

4 Likes

I have been spending the evening among the BBC Genome Project, capturing (by hand, because it is not easily searchable any other way) the cast lists from day 1 until 17th January, 1953; this will mean I can be accurate about who joined the cast when and playing whom.

Not fun, but possibly a good thing to do before the BBC do away with the Genome Project as well as everything else…

And I am now going to bed. Goodnight.

6 Likes

I take my Middle 'Normous Nat orff to you, Fishy

I couldn’t capture that with an army behind me…

Minnow End ?

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes