So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Hot busy day wiv Very Good Friends.

Zzity.

5 Likes

wottabout deep-fried stuffed mushrooms? I haven’t made for donks, because once I had a smallie iin the house the idea of deep-frying anything terrified me and that terror has stuck. But I seem to recall a miixture of garlic, cream cheese and chopped peanuts and parsley with a spot of Piccalilli pickle juice, of all things, domed inside destalked button mushrooms, and them chilled and then passed through a beer batter and frit were rather a delight. Rather a faff, too, but fun.

5 Likes

That seems like an excellent idea and more research is clearly indicated…

Hazy blue day full of small tseepy birds.

yardarm

5 Likes

Morning all

Cool grey wet day here

Anyone got sun to share?

Please?

5 Likes

After yesterday, which was hotter than blood in That London, yer welcome.

5 Likes

Ooo thank you

We had one day of sun

4 Likes

It’s back down below twenty degrees here tomorrow, according to the BBC forecasts. Just a hot Bank Holiday weekend, then.

Today I have Cleaning The House, because my cousin and his hausfrau wife are visiting from Germany and she Notices dirt; she hoovers her whole house about three times a week. So when the bed has been made, all the surfaces will get dusted and then the floors hoovered.

This would be easier if there were not so many Belongings in the room between their bedroom and the rest of the house; cleaning it is Hell, because it’s essentially a lumber-room with a bed in it. Once, there was a floor which only had a bed on it (and things under it) and shelves on the opposite wall; now Things in Heaps have spread inwards, the shelves cannot be got at on one end of them, and I am shamed when anyone with standards sees it. Oh well.

4 Likes

Both vacuum cleaners are being deployed here, Fishy on the 3rd day of Hot Hot Hot

The cobwebs would strangle you

Sigh

The plumber is coming between 12 & 4pm

Apparently

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Sympathy on the dumping ground, BTW

Mine is the garage, which, mercifully, I don’t have to go through to get to bed

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

We can’t get into most of the garage at all at the moment. I am starting to feel that I may have to employ a house-clearance firm if I want access to all areas.

4 Likes

Flingage is ongoing here, but I still feel as though I am drowning in Stuff

Mr C used to save every decent cardboard box ‘in case it was needed’ & we had a major rationalisation & just saved the really good ones

I feel as though the Bluddy things are breeding in the garage, so there will have to be another cull …

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Are they not useful to put flingage into?

4 Likes

Indeed they are, Fishy

The stuff for the Orsepiss Shops/Depot is usually bagged & labelled with The Lad’s details & Supporter number. He has a GiftAid arrangement with the Orsepiss

I don’t mind books going in boxes though

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Small boxes! Very little as heavy as books in bulk.

5 Likes

Quite, Dunnock

Am under instruction to use smaller shopping bags, & hang the handles over my forearm, to reduce the weight carried, & preserve me fingers

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Try vinyl…

5 Likes

Quite possibly this is a daft idea but for some sorts of shopping, might a lightweight rucksack help?

4 Likes

Not daft, Gus, but not great fer me neck & shoulders

Apart from sending me Embonpoint into the next postcode… :wink:

I am looking at ‘The Healthy Back Bag’ website, as their tear-shaped bags distribute weight more evenly

Sadly, not mine though

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

There is nothing for it but one of those bags on wheels, then.

My parents had one. My mother refused to shop with it, and it was used to collect logs from the outside woodstore and bring them in to the sitting-room to the fire there.

4 Likes

Well yes, that’s no good to you then. The HBBs look interesting, though.

Does anyone have any thoughts about how best to destroy an ice-cream van? Mid-jingle, ideally, and in a spectactular fashion as a Warning to the others?

4 Likes