So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Did you ever try frisbee? I had one of those to play with at one point because a dog of our acquaintance liked it, and found it surprisingly easy.

1 Like

Good God no, FantaFish

I was the one holding the coats, or making the cricket teas

Mind you, to the delight of the neighbourhood, I must say, I used to practise catching catching the shopping as my OH threw it to me from the back of the carā€¦

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

I htink I probably ought to call a

yardaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarm!

at some point, and possibly work out how this board makes lettering largerā€¦

2 Likes

Is there any Raspberry Vodka?

Please

It has been a bitovvan 48 hours, & I need a Drink

Carinthia.xx

1 Like

Plenty. Just say whenā€¦

1 Like

Right now please, FantaFish

Am working out the best time to mention the 2 Nuns & the 2 ā€˜Floating Monsignorsā€™, or should that be Monsignori ?

Carinthia.xx

1 Like

I think you ought to take us all out of our suspendersā€¦

1 Like

If da Monsignor is floating, that means not enough concrete in his boots, si?

2 Likes

For one horrible moment I read it as Blue Nun and thought Iā€™d strayed on to the culinary pervertsā€™ page.

2 Likes

There must be people who liked it, or it wouldnā€™t have sold so well. Personally I always attributed that to the average drinkerā€™s inability to ask for Liebfraumilch in an English offie; once the places had thought of self-service and put both wines out where customers could simply pick them up and take them to the counter, sales of Blue Nun declined, relatively.

1 Like

It was sweet, & light, & it was wine (!) for those who hadnā€™t been used to such things

When I was a child, (I am 58), it (wine) used to be referred to as ā€˜Dinner Wineā€™ by many people

As opposed to ā€˜Breakfast Wineā€™, I supposeā€¦

Anyhoo
Monday evening saw me at a meeting about the future of the Catholic Church in Chesterfield , which went on for 2.5 hours

There were 130 ovvus there, & I was seated at a table of 12, which included the 2 Nuns present . I was asked to be Scribe & Spokesperson for our table

Sisters Catherine, & Jacinta. I have known Sister Catherine for 48 years, & Sister Jacinta for, I think 40 years.
Anyhoo, these were the first 2 Nuns I introduced to my Late Husband, many years ago, at what used to be called our ā€˜Sale of Workā€™*

*It has seen many name changes since then , from Bazaar, to Christmas Fair , but was the main Fundraiser for the year

Late Husband was CofE, & took a long time to recover from 2 Nuns running competing Tombolasā€¦

Donā€™t tell me

That should be Tombolaeā€¦ :wink:

Carinthia.xx

2 Likes

Polite snorkā€¦

Yes, but what about the 2 Floating Monsignors, or possibly Monsignori?

They are, apparently only in Temporary Residence, FantaFish . They are supposed to be supporting us during the current shortage of Priests, but no-one has any idea of how long theyā€™ll stay

I did wonder if they were going to be deployed like the CofE used ā€˜Flying Bishopsā€™, & I thought that ā€˜Floating Monsignoriā€™ sounded reasonably good

Carinthia.xx

1 Like

Monsignori sound awfā€™ly important to be locums!

1 Like

Very exotic ā€¦ Iā€™m seeing dark, slim accented Romans with particularly designerish birettas!

Please donā€™t say theyā€™re more like Father Brownā€™s homely brother :wink:

2 Likes

They float better without concrete shoesies. Maybe Iā€™m taking an unduly Sicilian view of things.
Nun Wars over the tombolas - yessss,

2 Likes

I wish, Marjorie ā€¦
1 is 69, & the other 74 & they were in their Boring Black Canonicals, rather than the rather fetching Frocks wiv Purple & Red Silk Sashes/Trim

The 74 year old has a wicked sense of humour thoughā€¦

They appear to have copped for all, if not most of the Sick-Visiting & have to take their turn with our other 2 Priests on the 24 hour Rota ( sans Roy), & do the call-outs/calls-out

Iā€™m really very fond of Headgear, but not sure that a Biretta would suit me

Red does, thoughā€¦ :wink:

Carinthia.xx

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œCarinthia, post:31, topic:177, full:trueā€]Donā€™t tell me

That should be Tombolaeā€¦ :wink: [/quote]Werl, itā€™s an Italian word, so prolly ā€œtomboleā€.

2 Likes

Yer see, I was thinking of Mr C & ā€˜Proper Latinā€™ - none of yer Church Latin Rubbish fer himā€¦

Our Former Parish Priest, now exceedingly reTired Parish Priest used to love Discussing/Arguing about the differences, with Mr C

Carinthia.xx

1 Like

A Beretta - note spelling, like Magratā€™s mum shouldā€™ve - would suit me very well.

2 Likes