So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Well that’s the gin sorted. Now how about something alcoholic for the rest of us?

3 Likes

[quote=“Used2B, post:41, topic:177, full:true”]
Well that’s the gin sorted. Now how about something alcoholic for the rest of us?
[/quote]It’s early, so I’ll keep it to a Guinness I think. Thank you.

2 Likes

[pourity] [pourity]

4 Likes

Thanks. I’ll leave it an hour or so to settle.

Do you know that you should tap the glass of a pint of Guinness with a coin & only once it gives a clear ring is it settled enough to drink ?

I was also advised, in Dublin, when drinking Murphy’s & entering a pub to find they didn’t sell Murphy’s NOT to mix the two. It was explained that they were of different consistencies and “… well … it’s a matter of the pebble-dashing you see”.

Have a nice breakfast.

4 Likes

Ewwww.You horrid creature.

3 Likes

My favourite Irish pub was a post office in a little village round the bay from Cork. You go in and sit down, and after ten minutes they bring your Murphy’s. If you’re going to want another, you order it then, and half an hour later it arrives. This presents a certain minor challenge when it comes to stopping drinking.

2 Likes

Yes. Well there’s all of the extra washing-up to do. Two glasses instead of the one.
One on, one in the wash.

2 Likes

The Cellar is rather like a pub outside Bristol I used sometimes to go to with a friend who liked Murphy’s.

They would see my car coming into the car-park and start the pint for him pouring well before we had got in through the door. They’d ask me what I wanted, and nod to him.

Darrington isn’t bad at knowing drink preferences.

#yardaaaaaaaaaaaaaarm!

1 Like

I’ve been trying this for most of the afternoon. It didn’t ring once, but I drank it anyway.

I’ll try it tomorrow, with something other than my stainless-steel tankard.

('ERE! This place won't let me post more than some (unknown,) tiny number of posts in one day...  Stuff that for a game of soldiers.)
3 Likes

Tsk! Sorry! The website is set up that way when one gets it, and the more you post the more you can post; I think it is intended to stop people trolling and spamming and things. I’ll see if I can tell it you are trusted not to.

2 Likes

Ask not for whom the Guinness tolls. It tolls for you.

But a glass helps.

3 Likes

Thank you. It’s letting me post and like postings again now.
I’ll call off my strike. I’m really quite angelic :innocent:

2 Likes

If that is true, you and I shall not get on at all. But as I think you are fibbing, I shall keep an open mind.

Where’s that sodding butler, btw? I could do with a large rum & rat poison.

2 Likes

It is for me to thank you Used2B; it drew my attention to a glitch, which is now sorted.

Somewhere in all the bumph one ought theoretically to read on joining a site, there ought to be a bit which explains the system and how you get “more trusted” status without a moderator belting it with a spanner, but I can’t work out where. If you find it, could you let me know?

1 Like

Gus, all you have to do is specify what you want and he will doubtless cause one of his Minions to bring it to you.

Any particular sort of rat-poison?

1 Like

There are flavours? Gosh. Wiv zees, Mr Exterminator, you are really spoiling us :skull: Some ind of gingery business, I think. Fank you kindly, and cheers.

2 Likes

Angelic in a devilish kind of way :wink:

Nice morning here. It’ll never last.

2 Likes

Is there a Jim Beam Kentucky Bourbon flavour?

What d’you mean, no! What good is that? :disappointed:

2 Likes

I did read the forum and the bumpf, when I joined. It was the second day before I posted.
Can’t say I noticed that bit. Probably written in foreign, just to confuse me. Plus. It was a Tuesday and as somebody said, I could never get the hang of Tuesdays.

2 Likes

We do have cocktails, so if you fancy warfarin ‘n’ Jim Beam I imagine Darrington will mix it for you. I make no guarantees about the raised eyebrow, mind.

2 Likes