So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

We are having a joint of roast pork for supper, with roast spuds, sprouts fried in garlic, gravy and possibly buttered carrots if I can be bothered. Also Yorkshire puddings if I can be bothered.

I expect there will be enough for the cellarati to join in if they want to…

5 Likes

That sounds delicious, Fishy

Friend came on Wednesday evening, so I had a selection of raw veg with celery salt, & smoked cheese, as I didn’t fancy fish pie at 9-30pm.

The Wedding Dress was collected, & I also saw photies of friend’s Granddaughters Christening.
The baby was wearing the Christening Robes I had made for her Mother 34 years ago

I was really chuffed

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Ooooffff

Flump

I has been shopping in 3 supermarkets

In two the childer were angelic

(Polish supermarket and Lidl)

In Tesco the childer had hooves horns a tail and a pitchfork given to them with the humungous packs of sweets they were chewing

Then in Primark I was mowed down by the non travelling travellers as I waited my turn at a checkout line

Push me one way and my trolley the other and I land in a heap

Luckily M was with me and she ain’t backward about giving off to folk - even travellers

7 Likes

It must be a lovely feeling to know that you have made an Heirloom, Carinthia.

Bad manners are bad manners no matter what your ethnic origin, Twellies, and I know of no culture where knocking women to the ground is acceptable behaviour.

4 Likes

True Fishy

And yes it is lovely to think of an heirloom made by our chatelaine

5 Likes

If you want eggstra exes for Yorkshires, just holler. Can confirm that Jilly’s make excellent batter, as tested on Tuesday

4 Likes

Roller Derby?

5 Likes

Do I look like the roller derby type of gel?

Be careful about your answer if you want bacon butties dear wee birdie

And gin

5 Likes

And the option of eating rather than wearing them.

4 Likes

Quite so. I am proud of this achievement, even though it’s nowt to do with me!

As far as kinder in shops go, OH and I have the distinct impression that they are a good deal better behaved than they used to be. Don’t know why. There were no children at our chosen Northumbrian Hall gardens, today: Snowdrop Walks around Howick Hall Gardens - Howick Hall Gardens

The snowdrops were beautiful and we had a good walk, occasionally meeting other ‘grey pound’ supporters. The tea room had a queue forming and, as I never queue for food, we toddled off to Alnmouth for a cuppa anna bite to eat, inna tearoom. Corned beef, potato and onion pie with mushy peas and thick gravy was my choice. I can’t remember the last time I ate a pie but it was gorgeous. OH was looking a bit drooly and jealous, but got along with his veggie soup anna scone. Bless.

I take it that the edake is no more, Twellsy?

Soo xx

4 Likes

Edake in abeyance for now

I have been lothe to treat it as taking pain relief CAN and DOES cause edakes

I therefore avoid treating the beggars

4 Likes

I’m glad that your Edake is in abeyance, Twellsy. I know that analgesics can cause rebound pain, so I hope that your medical folk might sort out the underlying cause, if and when you need their help.
Soo xx

4 Likes

My shunt is aging so I rather suspect it may be playing up

Buggrit

5 Likes

I suppose that suspicions of that sort should be left to you, yours and your medics to deal with. I don’t mean to tread on your wee ballerina toes and wish you well, Twellsy.
Soo xx

4 Likes

I know you only wish the best for all your mates dear wee bee

5 Likes

:kissing_heart: Always.
Soo xx

4 Likes

How lovely, Carinthia. You have every reason to be chuffed.

As does that Sparrer, given the sneak preview of its supper we have been vouchsafed.

I am deflumped and in the middle of making the peanutty seedy bread for The Brat Next Door Over the Road (Weekends) and its grandmama and supper for me. Which is chicken in a bastardised barbecue sauce and potato wedges and sweetcorn. I was going to make an Apple Cake today, but that, because of unscheduled flumping, has not occurred.

Dere Twellsy, while accepting that it is none of my bleedin business wotsoever, get that flaming shunt checked. Please.

I shall now return to my highly unseasonal earworm, Once in Royal… I blame Ruth & Pip. Although it took me a while to work out that it probably was their doing. Gah.

4 Likes

That Fish izza Fine Cook.

[erpity]

5 Likes

Wos there buttered carrots as well as everything else? It sounds, bar a sprout or so, quite heavenly.

4 Likes

Nope. Pig ‘n’ potatoes ‘n’ crackling ‘n’ gravy ‘n’ sprouts.

(The Fishly Sprouts have been known to convert people who reckon they don’t like 'em. And if not, more for me.)

5 Likes