So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Oh dear… Things that one wishes one had thought of first! I hope all goes well.

4 Likes

Precisely.

I did the project planning quite well but this was an overlooked matter. Seems to be going OK, but he’s taking advice about the material in the actual hearth before he starts diamond polishing it.

5 Likes

{{{Gulp}}}

Soo xx

5 Likes

I know !!

5 Likes

Ooooo worriting about doing things bum about face is a common thing here in ye olde hovel

Edake going cheap here

Any buyers?

I will even pay delivery fees

:sailboat:

4 Likes

Twellsy, much sympathy. Have you informed your medics? This problem seems to be very frequently occurring. I know that you don’t look forward to the investigative process but, seriously, sweetheart…
Soo xx

4 Likes

Thanks for the edake, twellsy, just wot I wanted.

4 Likes

I like to share dear wee birdie

4 Likes

I have spent the afternoon being Distracted by re-reading things from a previous computer, now retrieved: an essay on Gerard Manley Hopkins, old scores beautifully expressed against long-gone enemies, bits of my father’s Memoir… I am slightly drunk on words, as always happens when I read my father’s prose.

4 Likes

So do I.
I’m off to bed.
Sweet dreams, all.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Don’t ferget yer Gin, Soo

I have just put the Recycling Bins out, so that’s my good deed for the evening

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Sod this for a game of soldiers. Thassorl.

Yardaaaarm! Wiv lights on for helf’n’safety, it still being dark. WHICH IS WHY IT WOULD BE NICE TO BE ASLEEP.

Kung hei fat choi. :poodle:

4 Likes

High haze, flat calm, birdies catching up on gossip (she never!), peeved Gus in need of Morning Gin.

[pourity] [pourity] [pourity]

5 Likes

[gluggity] [gluggity] [thank’ee]
Orf to the shops. I think. If I cba to put Clothes on. Seems like a lot of fuss and bother from where I’m currently standing, mind…

5 Likes

Not something the residents of many an area would let bother them these days.

The local Morrisons has a bunch of 25-40 yr olds wander around in their pj’s & (in some cases) dressing gowns, & slippers & clearly before showering, washing their hair & getting sorted for the day.

Now … & let me be perfectly sexist about this … if they were a gaggle of recently unemployed F1 Grid Girls I may find this quite alluring.

… but they arent … & I don’t.

5 Likes

Male or female? I am making a small surveyish, and it seems to be mostly women who do this.

4 Likes

Sleeping sparrer: fevvers. Sparrer dressed to go down the shops: fevvers anna Nat.

5 Likes

Female. Exclusively.

Avoiding being indiverse is impossible in this instance, they are largely travellers (the non-travelling sort) which might explain Morrison’s reticence to act.

In Liverpool the females doing this are perkier, brassier and tbf highly manicured and made-up. Giant hair-rollers often worn. Quite a different ‘type’.

But always, always, female.

3 Likes

I defy you to be certain of that in the case of the Liverpudlian model: think drag queen en negligee

Anyway, this biological female did -eventually - dress and embark on a bold foray to the pet emporium and, gawd helpus, Sainsbury’s. Half term, by the nine gods! Can they not put leads on the little sods or. better still, shock collars? But I did meet a delightful person actually on a lead, a very young spaniel-ish one, name of Orca: one could see the killer in her, um, not at all. Although she did have a speculative gnaw at my thumb as we chatted.
Am now cross-eyed and dribbling with tiredness and self-medicating with a Jamaican patty (mon). Then I think I might retire for a while.

5 Likes

I see that giant hair rollers have made something of a comeback

My Mother used to have Carmen Heated Rollers - they weighed a ton, & she could hardly move her head

My hairdresser still has 2 of the ‘Hood’ dryers, used for their Shampoo & Set Ladies

Have sorted out the rescheduled Fish Pie & am about to Flump a La Gus

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes