So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

The best place for ice is in me glass.

Night all.

5 Likes

There can be no ā€˜afterā€™ without a ā€˜beforeā€™ or ā€˜duringā€™, dere. Not unless you fancy getting all quantum or mystic about it, anyway.
I am quite prepared to believe in the existence of Nightcaps, however.
PS: Mrs B. is all curled up on her furry throw, on The Bed :wink:

5 Likes

I didnā€™t & donā€™t ski but was very happy to test the drinks for them as didā€¦

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Selfless, thatā€™s wot you are. But I think we might in that case more properly designate the drinks as ā€˜au lieu de Skiā€™, and also ā€˜Parce que je ne suis pas completement folle, moiā€™ā€¦
Gxx

5 Likes

I do love you, Gus

Have sat outside in Austria up to me neck in warm water, & watched the poor devils skiing downā€¦

A glass of Fizz always restores the equilibrium, I findā€¦

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I believe the technical term is ā€œon the pisteā€.

(I may have misheard)

5 Likes

Mwah, dere Chatelaine xx Up to me neck in hot water is my natural environment. Champagne, however, is a rare bonus.

[snigger] No more Winter Olympics for you, me laddo

5 Likes

Oh, is it that time again?

(No telly, good ad blockers, utter lack of interest in sports.)

This morning we have mist; the far side of the valley is just now coming into view. It doesnā€™t stop the small tseepy birds.

yardarm

5 Likes

Morning

Bacon on a platter

Fresh loaves on the bread board

My edake is going to ye quack manana

5 Likes

[flappity] [flappity] [flappity]
[peckity] [peckity]

Remember to leave the quack at least partly un-roasted, Twellsy. Theyā€™re more useful that way. Really.

5 Likes

Places special loaf straight from oven on cooling rack for chatelaine

Dunnock I like me quack very rare

6 Likes

Nothing quite like fresh bread, thank-you

I have to/ ought to go out & source a Noo lightbulb, anna short fluorescent tube & starter

Can I face Bee & Poo today ?

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Well, you seem to be spoilt for choice today! Yeast doing yeasty things in jug, other ingredients being assembled.

There may also be soda bread if I have enough wholemealā€¦

4 Likes

Last night I made a cheesecake using ginger biscuits for the base, and marscapone, cream, sugar, raspberries, lemon-juice, and a little cocoa powder dusting on top for the filling. Itā€™s slightly inclined to fragment, but it is delicious. In very small slices. Anyone?

5 Likes

Soda Bread too

Happy Sigh

Dadā€™s sister made the best white soda bread & the Aunt up the road the best brown

Am not going to Bee & Poo - I will hang on until tomorrow & go to the independent shop in the market hall

That cheesecake sounds positively decadent, Fishy

I will try a fragment, thank-you

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Ah - thereā€™s an idea: white fruit soda. Very volatile, though; it tends to evaporate when my backā€™s turnedā€¦

4 Likes

A fragment or two, depending on size, would be most welcome, ta.

4 Likes

I donā€™t need the fruit

Just butterā€¦

Falls into a reverieā€¦

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Carinthia, if you have a fluorescent tube fitting, may I strongly recommend ā€œSubstitubeā€? Osram make them; theyā€™re basically an LED package that replaces the old tube (and a fake starter to fill the hole where the starter used to be), with no rewiring needed. Iā€™ve had them for about a year in garage and computer room and theyā€™re blerry wonderful.

5 Likes

Ah

Youā€™ve mentioned them before, & I had forgotten the name , Dunnock, so thank-you

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes