So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

The child quack yesterday was spoken to by the consultant who was reassuringly old enough for the job

My GP is well used to my assorted conditions and also knows that I am the only person who knows how my body is

Having a unique genetic blood problem means I have to carry letters to prove I haven’t caught it off the net

6 Likes

The child quacks have to learn, but it’s so frustrating when they don’t listen

Our GP Practice is a Training Practice, & they are really missing my Late Father, 'cos every Noo Dr was sent to visit him - they got to see unusual things, & honed their history-taking skills, & he, the old Charmer/Bugga, had their undivided attention…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

[yawnity]

Bitovva breeze today, and only a little bit of frost.

yardarm

5 Likes

Morning all

Baltic here

So please take yer cold east wind back

5 Likes

…and double buggrit:

4 Likes

Good job I didn’t put my winter boots away after I had a mammoth shoe-polishing session the other night

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

At least don’t live in Ipswich any more. A particularly disturbing forecast this week:

4 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised, it’s their kind of weather…

4 Likes

I have my own GP, but this one is the Practice Cardiac Doctor, and now I am on her list I fear that I shall never get off it. I have successfully fought off the diabetic nurse by pointing out that we were wasting her time and mine and that there were other patients who did actually need her; the heart doctor is impossible because it cannot be disputed that I did have a heart attack and a stent fitted, and that there is a very minor lesion at the bottom of my left ventricle. What I then had three months later was thyroid failure, which they misdiagnosed and treated as heart failure for six months, treatment which understandably did me no good whatever whilst my condition deteriorated to a point which frightened them (and me). And I am trying very hard not to point out rudely that she and her cohorts not only got it wrong, they failed to check my thyroid in spite of a specific request to do so, and that I should at that point have sued them for my six months back plus the deterioration in my health caused by this non-treatment of an easily-checked condition. (But the actual doctor who made that error has left the practice, and what would be the point? I wouldn’t get the time or the health back if I did.)

4 Likes

Proffers Hugs & Medicinals

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Rushes in to hug a chatelaine

THANK YOU!

Be glad I am not singing Thank you very much down the phone at you

You truly are a wondrous friend who I am lucky to have

Mwah

5 Likes

Sympathy and Indignant Grumping, Fishy.

…and people have sometimes questioned my refusal to sign up with a GP practice :wink:

3 Likes

Now that A&E is being phased out they can be useful at times. As when you have a poisoned wound, for instance…

3 Likes

My Practice is wonderful, & very highly rated in both the County & Country
They have been running a trial of offering weekend appointments with either a Dr or the Nurse Practitioner. They offer appointments during the week from 7am to 8pm

Our ’ Walk-in Centre’ is actually next to A&E at the Orsepiddle . It used to be half a mile down the road, which was extremely useful at times

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Our GP is a go when ill and he will treat you or refer you on that day

And he does home visits for them as cannot get to the surgery

5 Likes

Right beside, but not on the flight path of Newcastle Airport, Armers. Easy access to Northumbrian coastline. We are a tad (very) concerned about the proposals re an open-cast mine at Druridge Bay:

Understandably, I feel.

Soo xx

6 Likes

No chance of that 'round these parts, Twellsy, but I’m glad that you have that strength of back-up for your significant health problems xx

It will be our 41st, tomorrow. Given the shitey weather forecast, we’ll have a celebratory dinner chez bee (after a wee daunder about our estate).

Soo xx

5 Likes

Yerss, Twellsy, but yours is a ‘One Man Band’ & sit & wait set up . Ours was like that 45 years ago, with 3 Lady Drs. You sat & waited, & if someone came in with a poorly child, you let them go before you.

When 1 Dr retired, she was replaced by the man who looked after the first Mrs C when she was dying. This was at the start of his career.

He was Mr C’s friend & Dr & sometime squash partner until he gave up, & retired completely 5 years ago, 2 years after Mr C died

Reading around various Boards shows that in some parts of GB it is extremely difficult to get any sort of appointment before you are either dead or cured…
I feel very lucky that ours are so good , & we don’t have these problems

I hope that you have some Fizz for your celebration, Soo

We have plenty here

Thank Deity of Choice

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Ours has a “ring in the morning and get it past the receptionist, doctor rings back later to decide how bad it is by talking with you, you get an appointment the same day if you do need it” set-up.

You cannot make appointments in advance even for a routine required six-monthly check-up; but you can make an appointment to see a practice nurse in the same week, usually, for blood-tests or sprains and splinters. Or in a very busy time, within ten days.

I have no idea whether any of them does home visits; I have never tried to get one. Yet.

4 Likes

We most certainly do, Carinthia. Always glad of the assured nature of Cellar-Stuff, however.
When I think back to our wedding preparations, 26/02/77 seems a tad risky, weather-wise. As it happened, our day was sunny, blue-skied and freezingly cold. No problem forra 21 year-old bride - wearing suitable underpinnings.

Soo xx

5 Likes