So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Having just read up on the Casaba Howitzer, I’m not sure certain people should talk so glibly about Slammers…

5 Likes

I highly recommend the book Project Orion, by George Dyson.

5 Likes

Looks fascinating. I am about to immerse myself in this:

4 Likes

The Lart on the bull’s O’Really T shirt is a whip

I worry when he is waving a screwdriver at the network and all computers in the house sit up and work perfectly

For HIM

4 Likes

I will immerse myself in that wonderful combination of Estonian Vodka & Champagne - the original Estonian Slammer… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Feral has a full set of O’Really t-shirts.

The sun has gone down and Strange Bird Day has ended. Out of me way, there’s gin to catch up on.

5 Likes

Good nights, all.
Soo xx

4 Likes

G’night, Soo; g’night all.

4 Likes

Nightcaps for the taking for them as fancies it

Fresh bread on the morrow

4 Likes

I will just have a wee small huge gin to help me sleep

About a litre should do

For starters

Joe I will be after a good brioche recipe soon as I will be making burgers

5 Likes

Excellent idea. Bought myself the mincer attachment for the Kenwood and have been looking for an excuse to try it out. DIY sossinges are tempting, too.

4 Likes

Home made sossiges are wonderful

Get proper pig lard a
In a ratio of 80% meat 20% lard

And onion minced in as well as any flavours you fancy

I like chicken and breast with lard flavoured with garlic and smoked paprika

I use breadcrumbs instead of rusk

4 Likes

I’ve been away … in that London. I hope you’ve missed me !! It was pleasantly pleasant.

We did the Tate … not my bag tbh but it’s nice to see a Rothko and re-convince yourself that you’re not mad for thinking he was taking the p!ss.

A nice trundle around Borough Market … as ever.

To Columbia Rd. flower market which was lively, but v v busy on Mother’s Day morning. Off to Kew Garxens, always a treat. The had orchid festival in the tropical house.

Today we were shown around Parliament by a friend if #2 son, who is Clerk to the Speaker of the Lord’s (Norman Fowler!!). That was extremely intetesting especially as we touched parts ordinary visits don’t reach. I met Dennis Skinner and the new (lady) Black Rod … who was actively wondering what would happen if she rung the Division Bell at 10am.

Off to the Royal Academy to see the exhibition of the art of Charles I.

Then lunch at the Savoy Grill.

Then to the Garden Bar on floor 35 of the Walkie Talkie building. Tremendous, despite the weather not being great.

Oh … & a meal at ‘The Crab Shack’ which is a must. Very good value for what you get.

4 Likes

That sounds wonderful, Armers

Do you mean the suet from around the kidneys, Twellsy ?

Carinthia. xx

4 Likes

Boughten sausages often have decent meat in them, but these days nothing like enough fat. A proper sossinge will supply fat to the other things in the pan…

A few hundred middle-aged men stumble hastily out of their mistresses’ flats?

It’s actually sunny here today, first time for a while, and the sparrers are making the most of it.

yardarm

Oh, and have some goats:

4 Likes

Am orff to the Orsepiddle this afternoon to see both Occupational & Physio Terrorists

Have just had a shower & the door has come orff of its hinge

Sigh

Will need an 'Normous Medicinal when I get back

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I’ll start pouring it now.

5 Likes

A good time, Armers! It’s always fun to go “behind the scenes” as it were.

I have my fingers crossed for you, Carinthia.

4 Likes

Carinthia

visceral fat from cow is suet and is used here for dumplings and suet puds

Lard is pig fat and is necessary for sossiges

My butcher who has the best sossiges in Ireland according to the certs on his wall told me about fat needed in sossiges

So I use shoulder pork and a bit of skinless belly pork and flavour with breadcrumbs

I also have made lamb and mint sossiges with a bit of pork lard therein

5 Likes

And then of course there is that highly effective hangover cure: ‘a glass of warm mazola and a lard sandwich’. ‘Effective?’, you ask. Indupitably: the mere suggestion sometimes produces quite spectacular effects.

6 Likes