So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Bet that Feral Techie would be able to sort that one out, Fishy

To be paid in Beer, of course

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

That sounds entirely possibleā€¦

3 Likes

I need a Feral Techie. OH says that I can listen to the radio and make pictures in my head. So thatā€™s fine.
Soo xx

4 Likes

How about audio books? That Bird listens to them when driving. I donā€™t, but if I were on the road in the early hours a lot I might well do.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s an Good Idea, Fishy

I am told that there are TVs on the equipment in Gyms, as the exercise is So Bluddy Boring

1 of my customers used to work for an hour & a half on her shoulders

Sighs & Liberates Pitcher

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Hellā€™s teeth. I just want to stay as fit as poss and have no ideas above my station. I thought maybe two half hour ā€˜sessionsā€™ a day might do. Audio books could be a goer, That Fish.

Soo xx

3 Likes

Half an hour a day keeps the medics at bay, at the surgery I go to. More than that and they assume you are lying about it.

4 Likes

Iā€™d tell mine to dos off, frankly - if I ever saw them, that is.

Off to see MiL, who confounds everybody at 94. Her GP has a very high regard for her. I am a teeny bit worried about her mental processing. Thatā€™s MiL, btw.

Soo xx

4 Likes

Yup, audio books or podcasts. Could be films, but thereā€™s no easy way to put the laptop next to the exercise bike.

5 Likes

Surely FT could rig summat up innan Heath Robinson Manner ?

I suspect that the siting of the treadmill could be quite important here

Friends is in her garage, which is too cold to use in winter, so she doesnā€™tā€¦

The sound of objects being defeatedā€¦

Am orff to pick up a prescription

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Yur, the sparrerly exercise bike (freecycled) lives in the bedroom where I have no excuse for not using it.

I have no excuse.

5 Likes

Couldnā€™t one dress for out-of-doors and use it in the garage? Using it ought to warm one up.

4 Likes

The Cellar will not be entirely surprised to be told that I am currently exercising me elbows. Make that one elbow.
And that Beeā€™s comment nearly caused Wastage of Beer, which would have been a Bad Thing.

4 Likes

In Hell, everyone is immersed in a barrel containing all the beer (or in some versions of the story, alcohol) they have spilt during their lifetime.

This can be a very unpleasant experience. Though there is nothing which says anything about drinking your way out againā€¦

4 Likes

I see what you mean, Fishy, but if you have to put trousers anna coat on to go into your own garage to exercise, then it isnā€™t exactly motivating

She goes to Pilates and, occasionally these days, swimming ,& feels that she needs other people around

Cheers, Gus

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Cheers, dere Chatelaine. Feeling a bit doomy. I need a good kick up the Harse.
The Ma has made an old favourite for this evening so I am a very fortunate Gus and shall Have Words with myself. Lemon braised beef, it is, which might sound improbable but is really rather good.

4 Likes

Good for the Ma! Enjoy it.

Of the things to drop onto a tiled floor in a kitchen, rose-hip syrup is low on my list. Not only are there shards of green glass over a surprisingly large area, they are sticky shards of green glass capable of sticking to walls. And the fronts of cupboards and fridges. And for all I know (I have not yet checked) ceilingsā€¦

7 Likes

Oh sodsticks, Fishy. I feel for you; that is some massive class of embuggerance. Letā€™s hope, though, that spilt rosehip syrup does not feature in any kind of afterlife scenario. That really would be cruel & unusual etc.
About to head back to base. See youse when I sees youse.
Gus xxx
Play bonny.

5 Likes

Oh Fishy

Get some gloves on yer Fins

Orrible job

I meant to say that the roads were being gritted here when I got back at 4-15pm.

Sigh

Carinthia. xx

4 Likes

I have got the worst of it up. wrapped all the glass that I can find in newspaper and binned it, and done the first wash of the floor and nearby verticals. The glass had actually been impeded in its explosive escape by the sticky, and not gone very far, for a wonder.

4 Likes