So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Little Bruce is unimpressed!

4 Likes

Mostly gone here, as it’s just barely above freezing. At the back:

(may include a free Spot-the-Dunnock contest)

At the front:

4 Likes

Brrrrrrr

Pease hang onto it folks

It is snowing here now

Just a wee flurry that cannot land due to being windborne

4 Likes

You spend an awful lot of time ‘pushing’ your weather over here, Twellsy, so why should we ?

I can’t post photies , but there was a lot about at 10am

I have ‘funny’ elbows today - it’s ‘Spot the Symptom’ here !

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Bin shipping at ye olde cash and carry. Did not buy this, 'cos I want people to come back to my barbecues.

I do find a certain refreshing honesty in this:

4 Likes

:nauseated_face:
Gawds, those beetroot abominations look vile.

I have just spent ages, ages, I tell thee, on making roasted cauliflower rice. I had a fair bit of cauli hanging about* and decided to put it to good use. We don’t possess a food processor, just a blender which was completely inadequate to the task of ricing cauli. What a faff. Any suggestions as to which food processor would be best to buy will be gratefully perused.
*Left over from cauliflower steaks - I know, I just can’t help myself.
Soo xx

3 Likes

Well, the Great Beast seems to cope with most things. (Kenwood FPM910.)

4 Likes

Gawds, Soo

Please have a Gin

Or 2 …

I have an old Kenwood food processor - must check to see if it works

Fishy has recently bought an Superior Beast, I believe

I have cleared & salted a pathway to the kerb , flumped for a couple of hours & am going to make like a Babushka & stagger up the road for my newspaper

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Thanks for that, Hedgers.
Take care, Carinthia.
Soo xx

3 Likes

http://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-au/cooking-with-kenwood/recipes/chef-sense-recipes/cauliflower-rice/cauliflower-rice tells you how it does it.

Only that is for a smaller machine; but the idea is the same.

3 Likes

Right-ho. I have to have that machine and have emailed Mr Soo with the details.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Nah, nah, “insert the knife blade” comes after “make sure everyone knows you’re down the pub all evening”.

4 Likes

The FP on my cooking Kenwood is pretty fearsome and I think Kenwood anything is darned well made and will cheerfully do what you ask it to

4 Likes

If you mean the Kenwood FPM910, Soo, it is wonderful but Huge; with the machine and the case to hold the bits and the liquidiser-jug, it occupies one foot by one foot of the work-surface.

3 Likes

More sner 'ere, covering up the solar panels where it had mostly flumped off.

4 Likes

All right. I have cleaned that floor fourteen times so far; I have used the steam-mop, I have used a sponge and lots of water, I have used detergent and I have used clear water, I have put the steam-mop’s cloth cover in the wash and used a new one – and we are still sticking to that bit of floor.

What do I try next?

3 Likes

Remind me of the spillage, Fishers.
Soo xx

3 Likes

Regardless, I’d try white vinegar and warm water.
Soo xx

3 Likes

It was home-made rose-hip syrup. It was very good rose-hip syrup, curses curses chizz chizz…

3 Likes

This may sound bonkers (but, hey) what about using a hairdryer to loosen the residue and then attack it with vinegar?
Soo xx

3 Likes