So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

What is this thing of which you speak? “Hairdryer”?

(Would a fan-heater do?)

3 Likes

It’s not a particularly visible residue, more of a sticking sound as one walks along.

3 Likes

Ponders a Fish wivvan hairdryer…

Carinthia. xx

3 Likes

I would go for hot water and blot it up with kitchen paper

Over and over again

Dissolve the sugar and lift it bit by bit

My problem is a Clare shale floor with silver sparkly nail polish on it

A whole bottle dropped on it and as it was a new bottle you can imagine the spread

3 Likes

Argh!

My worst spillage so far was half a litre of dark red (emulsion) paint onto the middle a painfully-clean pale fawn fitted carpet, and I got that out with water, and cloths and newspaper to sop up the pinkness, and then repeat. And repeat. And repeat, never letting it get dry. Took about six hours continuous.

I shall try vinegar, and when that hasn’t worked I’ll try hot water… possibly tomorrow, I am about to have a pint of Ruby Rooster.

4 Likes

Holding out a glass hopefully in case beer happens

4 Likes

Bees are more fuzzy, right enough.
Soo xx

3 Likes

was a pot of dark green Warhammer paint on my (then) new dining room carpet. Nothing on this earth would shift it.

Good nights, Cellarites.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Gin,Soo

Chalk or Talc or summat brushed into porous stuff

Biological Laundry Liquid/Biotex Powder made to a paste & brushed in wivva nailbrush kept for cleaning jobs

Medicinal Brandy here, methinks

Having an Long Hot Shower fer the Elbows

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

I wonder: a strong bicarb solution in water?

Orf to me nest.

Don’t all rush for the slammers at once…

5 Likes

[Rushity] [Rushity ]

I use a half inch layer of Bicarb, barely dampened & left overnight to lift the crud from burnt saucypans

Works every time for that

It’s Bluddy Depressing to keep trying to remove summat though

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

…between tuna and custard

5 Likes

Looks like no more sner overnight. It’s melting slowly. An Outside Dunnock Looked at me, 'cos apparently I am tech support round here and this is not wot he pays good money for.

yardarm

5 Likes

Ner mer sner here either, after a determined flurry or 7 in the night

The pavements are icy though, and, I have discovered that my winter boots have split across the soles

Sob

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Aaaaaargh and sob about boots

I resorted to professional help with a horrible mess of bubble gum (boiled baby pink hue) tramped in from the street onto a wooden floor and worser a hand made silk and wool carpet the Bull bought for me in Saudi Arabia

Tree of life design and gorgeous

What is it with folk feeling the need to chaw gum incessantly?

And just throw it on the ground

6 Likes

I never allowed chewing gum in the house - vile stuff, & the smell makes me heave

I will take the boots to the Cobbler when we are rid of this wevver. They are about 15 years old, but very good quality, & the uppers are in perfect nick

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Good shoesies and boots do last well and work out cheaper in the long run

I have had my nice sheepskin slippers welded to my feets since Christmas when I was given them by the cats

5 Likes

If you can find good shoesies…

Anyway, Someone has been walking on our roof:

5 Likes

A rellie, Dunnock ?

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Fifteen years old would be great.

I have by my desk a pair of Hush Puppies two years old whose soles and heels simply came apart while the shoes were being worn last week (at an important meeting). I assume this is a new, improved material designed to last eighteen months before degrading completely so that you have to buy new shoes, but the new shoes will not be Hush Puppies; once is enough, and they were not cheap.

4 Likes