So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Bit big for rellies. A crow or magenpie, p’raps.

5 Likes

How annoying, Fishy

I too would not be happy about that

Can they be repaired, or have they died ?

I take great care of my Shoesies , but do expect them to be fit for purpose!

A particular annoyance to me is when I see summat that looks suitable, & then they turn out to be plastic - often hidden in tiny print that the upper is made of ‘other’ materials

I don’t mind fabric shoes/sandals, if that’s what I am buying, but I don’t want plastic masquerading as leather

I appreciate that many people won’t wear leather for their own reasons , but I do

Cheese & Ham Toasties for Lunch, if anyone would like some

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I blame the Dolman Saxlil Corporation…

4 Likes

I wondered if it was yer Bruvver in his Bovver Boots…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I shall be taking them to a menders, Carinthia. I mean an actual menders, who put new soles on shoes. But I fear they may say that they can do nothing about them. And after that (since they have been worn fewer than ten times, I suspect) I shall be publicising the useless nature of modern Hush Puppies.

5 Likes

Me Bruvver does not leave footprints. At least, nobody’s been willing to say that they’re his…

5 Likes

Quite, Fishy

The same man looks after my shoes who has done for years. He started as an apprentice, & bought the business

And he gives me 10% discount

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Fat & prosperous magenpie across the road…
1203z

5 Likes

Are magenpies grate big birds?

I have been making dinner

Beef empanadas with a corn and onion salad

5 Likes

In the Sparrerly Taxonomy they are, 'cos they aren’t small and tseepy, and they aren’t ducks.

5 Likes

My parrot can sound like a duck

And make many rood noises

She also has the sound of a glass of wine being poured off to perfection

I cannot think where she heard that as I have had her since she was a 12 week old chick

8 Likes

I would’ve thought the sound of a glass of beer, or gin…

5 Likes

Think of the nice glug glug sound of the first glass from a nice bottle of wine being poured and the nice pop sort of noise of a wine bottle opening…

Many times my hopes have been dashed by such a noise from the wicked wee bird

7 Likes

And there was great rejoicing in the Gus. For the Gusly Ma has made ginger ice cream. Not much of a one for ice cream in general, is Gus, but this is divine.
And I am not listening to TA. And the snerr is melting away, much to the relief of poor birdies and me. And the resident cat decided my freshly washed hair needed Attention, grabbed my head in her forepaws and fettled me properly.
Wafting contentment, ginger ice cream and pitchers in a Cellarly direction.
Gxxx

7 Likes

From the Pub’ ?

I missed most of TA last night, & was daft enuff to hear it this afternoon instead

When will I learn?

Cheers, Gus

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Very Happy Sigh.
Soo xx

3 Likes

We make ginger ice-cream here too, Gus.

4 Likes

And slivers of Pickled Ginger

Absolutely delicious

Carinthia.xx