So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Clearly too late for empanadas (swofflings have been heard).

It’s the Fish Quay tomorrow, forrus bees. Not sure what might have been caught, on account of those tricky spring tides, but we’ll find out.

Best dreams, all.

Soo xx

5 Likes

The Fish Quay

Happy Sigh

Carinthia. xx

5 Likes

Gin, Soo

Carinthia xx

5 Likes

Goodnight, Soo, goodnight all.

5 Likes

Bits of blue sky.

Smaller bits of sner. (As I came home last night, it was only visible in places that had been in shadow all day… and round the local church.)

yardarm

5 Likes

Beautiful clear blue skies in that English Wales where I live.

The day of the Spring Equinox & I might take to wearing shorts again. For most of the next 6 months !!

4 Likes

Morning from a freeezing cold bit of Ireland

Taps outside froze so th Bull is sorting them out

5 Likes

Helped the pub wiv their excess beer problem.

5 Likes

Any for thirsty bacon butty makers?

5 Likes

I fink we can reach some accommodation…

[pourity] [pourity]

5 Likes

Goodness, Armers. Might have to rename you Leggers.

The Fish Quay was at its lovely best in the sunshine. Huge container vessel leaving Port of Tyne. We stopped to admire a gorgeous Lambretta, outside one of the Italian restaurants and one of the staff jumped out and said he’d sell it for £1000. When we demurred, he offered to throw in a free pizza. Lunch was a dressed crab salad, which was delicious. Bought loads of fish - the Fishwives were in fine form, Carinthia - and spent a good while by the water, basking in sunshine.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Oh Soo, that all sounds wonderful

Mr C & BiL both had Lambrettas, paid for by a legacy from Auntie

Thinks - I have a crab in the freezer,so I will get that out

Hoping to see the Fishwives ere long - just need to get on top of this medication

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Glorious sunny day here but there is a chill in the air

Still the days are getting longer

Happy old bag here

6 Likes

Personally I iron pillow-cases while the sun shines. It means it is probably free, from the solar panels.

I have just done ten, plus one of a pair of summer-weight cotton curtains which I have been steadfastly ignoring since September.

My virtue is quite extraordinary.

4 Likes

All Hail The Virtuous Fish!
(The Bad Bee doesn’t iron pillow cases.)
Soo xx

4 Likes

I only do it for me because I like them ironed for me. Well, and I do it for the guest pillow-cases while I am doing my own, but that is so they fit better into the drawer.

4 Likes

Oh, yes - guest pillow cases get a bit ovva flattenin’, right enough. I used to iron all of Mam’s bedlinen (and everything else, come to that) and decided that this was quite enough ironing forra Bee, so we have lived midst crumples quite contentedly forra good while.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I think that bed linen given a quick shake and fold while hot from the dryer is quite enough for us here in the hovel

5 Likes

Same here, Twellsy. However, I do enjoy the feeling of ironed linen against my face. Must be the contrast in textures…
Soo xx

4 Likes

I’ve been a bit tied up this past couple of weeks, but today attacked “the ironing pile”.

6 pairs of kecks, 6 polo-shirts (& I don’t even play polo !!), 11 shirts, 6 jumpers … plus various surprising items of Mrs. Shanks & then 8 pillow cases & 2 quilt covers and 2 bed base covers later … frankly I’m ker-nackered.

5 Likes