So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Oooo that’s a good idea

I have just made pate

Will be set nicely in an hour or so

4 Likes

(mode=suspicious)What sort of pâté? (/mode)

3 Likes

|A simple chicken liver and brandy number

Just fry a chopped onion and a bit of garlic in butter add the chicken livers and when they are just cooked add brandy and flame the alcohol off

Then whizz till smooth and pour into serving dish

Nothing too outlandish…

4 Likes

[voooooosh]

[peckity] [peckity] [peckity] [peckity]

oh here’s yer gin

[peckity] [peckity] [peckity] [peckity]

4 Likes

I prefer coarse pate, but the method is much the same

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Oddly, this has set me craving smoked mackerel pate. As that’s a non-starter (actually, it’s an excellent starter but you know what I mean, dammit) am having to make do with strawberries.
And cream.

4 Likes

Whereas I have just gone off and made chicken liver pâté with garlic and brandy in it…

3 Likes

I do like pate

And it loves my rump as it seems to get bigger every time I eat pate…

1 Like

Mornin all.

But are you allowed to throw stones at it? (From Warrington Cycle Campaign’s Facility of the Month, Home - Warrington Cycle Campaign )

Let’s have a

yardarm

while we think about that one.

6 Likes

You have just turned left. How are you meant to stop in time?

Whilst we are here, I am fed up with people using “on behalf of” when they don’t need it and don’t mean it. “On his own behalf” is horrid; why not “for himself” or “on his own part”? On behalf of someone means instead of them, as a representative of or proxy for them, and you don’t do something instead of yourself.

2 Likes

Oh, everybody knows cyclists never want to go above walking speed.

3 Likes

Sorry, but I can’t let such a baseless generalisation go un unchallenged. Not all cyclists - just the ones riding three abreast in front of me on a country lane.

Ditto drivers of dirty brown Opel Kadetts. I think there may be just one of these, who covers a lot of miles each year, if very slowly (until they hit a stretch where overtaking would be possible, whereupon they suddenly speed up…)

2 Likes

On Fishy’s behalf, I’d just like to say that speaking on my own behalf. I agree 100%

2 Likes

On your own account?

2 Likes

'Ere! I’d just like to say first that this is not in any way a complaint.
But if we’re to have “early morning” yardarms. Could we have more publicity given to them.

Alternatively. Could we have a ‘happy hour’ every hour from 10 am to Midnight? Please.

3 Likes

Yes! Unless that is overdrawn.

2 Likes

I say you chaps! Did anybody catch the Today program on the radio this morning? We’re going to have a morning brain-teaser each day and this week it seems they’re all codes of some sort.
On Wednesday (think), but it might be Thursday. The code is set by some bloke at GCHQ.

More details on the Today website they said, though I haven’t looked yet

3 Likes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5wkxjTtqRvq8Cyrrjxtk7tc/puzzle-for-today

4 Likes

Thank you, Hedgers.

2 Likes

Three… Two minus signs and one plus.

3 Likes