Some of us were ahead of you there, David

Some of the continuity announcers dunnarf make I laff.

4 Likes

I really should stop hitting the off-switch at the first bar of the outro, but the habit is deeply ingrained.

3 Likes

More often than not these days, that’s the time to hit on.

Tonight’s was indeed a classic.

2 Likes

Who is Olive Branch? Does she play cricket?

2 Likes

Was it Eggy or Chris Aldridge or one of the others? It was one of the lighter voices. Eggy has a slight northern touch to his speech but I wasn’t sure this time if it was or wasn’t him.

2 Likes

Eggthelion, a former Steward of Mordor. I don’t think the Aldridges should take all the jobs.

4 Likes

If you’re going to be that nerdy/geeky, shouldn’t it be ‘Ecthelion’?

3 Likes

As in “Utha theemth to Ecthelion thundry legal thervitheth”?

4 Likes

Here, dear, have this hanky. Ith - sorry, it’s - clean thith - oh soddit, this - morning.

Ecthelion was a chamelion
Modest and shy
He couldn’t get past
Turquoise to Carnelian:
Just sat there feeling blue and wondering why.

4 Likes

If I could likelike twice, I would.

2 Likes

Ta. Feeling very sad about this completely imaginary beastie now. Must find a way of getting him out of it.

3 Likes

If he’s turned permanently blue, maybe he’s cold? What he needs is a nice comfy blanket.

Er - maybe not the tartan…

3 Likes

I don’t like to think of you as a cruel so & so, joe. So here’s the happy ending

Then a rough-cut opal caught his rolling eye.
’How neat,’ thought Ecthelion
’Worth a Lizard try’
So now he flickers,
Changing hues from blossom to jade to sky

3 Likes

Heh! and likewise Hah!

2 Likes

I counted them in and I counted them out again;-) Syllables, that is. One doesn’t want to start another war,

On reflection that last might at the moment be a minority view.

2 Likes

I always thank the lord when the limericks in Archers’ areas actually have the right number of syllabubbles to the line… As for haiku, how hard is 5-7-5 to remember? Impossible for some, it seems.

1 Like

Flippin’ ecth! Wotta plenitude of pedantry.

2 Likes

Who’s got silly balls? Is this Quidditch?

On recent form,don’t you mean ‘flippin’ egg’, me duck?
Which is of course not a bad idea for them as likes that kind of thing. http://www.greenchronicle.com/recipes/egg_flip.htm
Urgle

3 Likes

I don’t like duck egg, like eating tofu past its use by date, ew. Thanks for the recipe, though. Now if you’ve got any quail eggs, fresh or pickled…stuffs large napkin round neck