Spending what you've not yet got

The chuckle twins are showing their true colours, squabbling over how they spend the money with no thought for anyone else.

However, even dad’s buying “10 beautiful cattle”. Would that be with money he already has or is he spending Justin’s money as well ?

Now, when Justin doesn’t proceed with the deal how foolish will they all be !!

Bring that moment on.

4 Likes

Brookfield are paying for the cattle - it was the IBR that led to the original herd being culled.

3 Likes

They sounded like barely pubescent siblings tonight in the squabbling, the appealing to parents for adjudication in said squablle and in the ‘we are very sorry and it was very thoughtless of us and we will be good we promise’ change of heart (they are definitely up to something there - reculer pour mieux sauter, I reckon, rather than any sudden epiphany).

4 Likes

They are supposed to be thirty-six and thirty-eight, not sixteen and eighteen.

2 Likes

You could drop the “-teen”, too…

4 Likes

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.

3 Likes

This is Tom and Helen we’re talking about. I’m most definitely not going down the benefit of the doubt route.

5 Likes

Come to think of it, you’re right. And I don’t believe the epiphany caused by a very mild telling-off from Tony, either.

3 Likes

Speaking of spending what you’ve not got… Isn’t it about time the real reason for the Lilian/Justin wedding was made public? The fact that Justin has been diagnosed with early senile dementia?
It’s the only explanation.

3 Likes

Not knowing his age means we don’t know whether it is early-onset or not, which is irritating.

His actor was born in June 1946, and is now 71…

2 Likes

With the odd exception, like the 9 year difference, between Edward Kelsey and Joe Grundy. TA seems to cast actors, within a year or two of character-age. lets be kind and assume Justin is 72.

Of course in real-life, a multi-millionaire like Justin’s supposed to be, would have long-since done a Phillip Green, retired and be living it up on a yacht in the Med. With either a much younger trophy-wife, or a string of ornaments.

He wouldn’t be faffing around in a dead-alive dump like Ambridge, doing footling little deals and with one of the local ancient hags following him around.

4 Likes

TA’s lack of understanding of business goes back a long way. Jack Woolley was often pretty ludicrously naive for a supposed hot-shot ruthless self-made businessman.

Thinking of Jack, another slightly different “do your research” has just popped into my head: anyone remember Caroline going away and dreaming up “the new cuisine” to rescue Grey Gables’ fortunes without saying a word to the temperamental, and supposedly talented French head chef until she had all the menus worked out in detail? And we were supposed to be astonished that he was a bit miffed. Then she, Jack, and I forget who else, sat round a table trying out “the new cuisine” and washing it down with a one-year-old first growth claret, all exclaiming about how delicious the wine was. My mouth dries out completely at the thought.

2 Likes