Stitcher

…doesn’t have today’s episode. Where/how does everyone else listen? I assume you don’t all listen live on an actual hand tuned radio.

5 Likes

I listen live, I’m afraid, so I can’t help. (I don’t actually know what “Stitcher” is?) But if I missed it I would probably go to “Sounds” because that is what it is easy to find on the computer.

4 Likes

Stitcher is a podcast aggregator which is allowed to carry BBC content.

Sounds (former iPlayer) ought to be available anywhere in the world… Kara, if you don’t have any luck, drop me a private message.

4 Likes

Thank you, it appeared on Stitcher, just much later than usual - perhaps someone somewhere forgot to press a button!

2 Likes

It has happened again, today’s episode is not on Stitcher, and BBC wants me to register an account to listen… Anywhere else people can recommend?

3 Likes

Why not subscribe to the podcast? Or you can simply listen via the R4 website:

3 Likes

I can’t listen on the BBC site without registering an account, and I’m trying to reduce the number of accounts I have online… But somehow that link autodownloaded the episode to my phone, so thank you Joe!

3 Likes

BBC podcasts are separate from “BBC Sounds”.

(And get_iplayer doesn’t seem to need an account…)

2 Likes

Are you sure about that? I know you need one for TV (because you have to have a licence) but not for radio, as far as I know.

3 Likes

I can’t either; and you are wise not to, because that is the insecure website which demanded my name, email and a username, and then kept them unencrypted so they could be stolen and used to send would-be-blackmailing emails.

1 Like