Talking about birthdays

Ah - thanks Chris! I was trying to remember it being mentioned, but was looking too close to the actual date.

Surprised it wasn’t declared a national holiday.

4 Likes

Dere Spadger, I knew we could rely on you.
Want tiny skull and crossbones transfers, waaaah!

3 Likes

I guess the problem is that if they celebrated every birthday we’d have a party every week which could get tedious… though I have to admit I chuckled at the punch comments at Alastair’s party. But they should pay more attention to the landmark birthdays; poor forgotten Josh. At least he has a voice…

5 Likes

Absolutely. But a 21st, for a talking actor & a main line character who’s obnoxious mother & sister appear two shows later and say absolutely nothing.

Just another small sign that the team have lost any semblance of plot.

5 Likes

I don’t think that is plot exactly; I think it is essential background. It’s as if without them bothering to mention a transition at all, St Stephen’s had become a mosque without remark, or the village were on the banks of the Thames.

2 Likes

There were times when it felt exactly like that.

It did - but at least the SWs were paying attention to continuity.

2 Likes

Joe’s 97th birthday passed unremarked as well, on Tuesday. And David’s 59th on the same day.

2 Likes

As you say, constantly focusing on birthdays would get tedious, but small, sideways remarks shod be easy to manage.

Wwll, next year David’s 60th. In 3 years, Joe’s 100th. I wonder if they’ll notice

3 Likes

Joe has actually been dead for the last ten years, but he’s so well preserved nobody can tell.

3 Likes

The actor must be in his eighties by now, too.

3 Likes

You spoke too soon, O Fish: there are comical memorial pyjamas and dressing-gown to be taken into account.

5 Likes

Retrospective ones.

We usually have the infinite humour of David having to buy Joe a drink because it is Joe’s birthday. But we haven’t heard from David since 15th August.

2 Likes

I’m sure there was mention of cake and a card for David. More than Josh got… Maybe we should arrange to send e-cards to the script writers for the characters birthdays, just as a casual reminder.

(As a rule not a fan of an e-card, but paying for proper cards and stamps every week could get a bit much)

2 Likes

Spellcheck’s to blame, I’m sure, but you spelt “infinitesimal” wrong.

2 Likes

I was being sarcastic. I think.

2 Likes

As was I, of course

2 Likes